Saints Ian Book: “I want to play like Drew Brees” (2 Viewers)

If Book can run the screen game well (something for some reason Taysom can't do) and get AK and Ingram involved in the passing game, we could have some success against Miami. This, of course, was one of Drew's strengths, so if Book wants to play like Drew, he should start there.
His preseason game that is what he did best check downs and screens . Make the simple plays with ease and the rest will come with confidence

Exactly. I simply mentioned the weaknesses I saw in his highlights film which is PROBABLY what made him a fourth round pick and a few people on here got mad and said "Sean Payton must have not saw those things". No. He DID see those things, that's why he was picked in the fourth round. Lol. Everybody is praying for a savior because this has been a season from hell. That's the bottom line
What weakness did you point out? I personally think Sean took Ian Book in the fourth round, because his grade was 7th/FA. Sean felt he could get his guy in the 4th, because coaches and GMs loved him but, in the 5th round.

But, why is he a steal in the 4th round. The reason he is a steal is he only fits a few teams systems (west coast.) So he only appeals to us and to us, the Patts and few other teams that run a true west coast system. But, in our system he is magic. Is he going to make a butt load of mistakes....yes? But, he already runs Sean's system, better than any of the previous QB draft choices.

Sean sees how he was miss evaluated as missing open receivers down field, and checking down. The thing is Book will always throw the high percentage read. He is not missing the open guy, he is making the correct read. I think Sean saw how he protected the ball, but still won games. Book really knows how to win close games. If Book would have come out in 2022, he would have been late 1st round or very early 2nd round pick.

I’d like to see what Book can do but I just don’t know why on earth we would send a rookie qb out there in this situation. If we are in any way developing him for the future, no good can come out of this. Every chip known to man is stacked against him. Just run the wildcat.

Every QB wants to play like Brees haha.

Guys I have been out of the loop most of the week. What happened to Hill? Covid list?? I didn't see him in the injury report.

I’d like to see what Book can do but I just don’t know why on earth we would send a rookie qb out there in this situation. If we are in any way developing him for the future, no good can come out of this. Every chip known to man is stacked against him. Just run the wildcat.
I agree. But we really have no choice. And that’s after sending a hurt Taysom and mediocre Trevor seimian out there. I don’t even have words to describe it anymore lol

He sounded really confident today. I like it
I was reading the transcript from today, serious Brees vibes. I'm not saying he's the next Brees or will even not look like a rookie starting his 1st NFL game. But his approach, his demeanor are very Breesesque.
Homer glasses on....
Book goes 35 out of 37 for 375 and 4 TDs!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom