Saints Ian Book: “I want to play like Drew Brees” (1 Viewer)

Saying and doing are two different things.
What the hell is wrong with what he said? You should be happy that is his goal instead of discouraging it. I just hope he doesn't press to hard to try to make it happen like Reggie did when the media pushed the "next Gayle Sayers" hype on him. Let the game come to you and just play to the best you can to your skill set.!

That’s what this season has done, kid hasn’t even been active for most games and fans are already sizing up his gold jacket
I do not see any poster essentially sizing Book up for his “gold jacket”. As typical, you are grasping for straws, for whatever the reason.

He may be something special, or could be a dud. I care to believe somewhere in the middle and hope he is a star. All said, I am not expecting much from him. I hope you expect he does well.

You never know what will happen . I remember watching the Patriots game where Bledsoe got drilled on the sidelines and Brady came in and the rest is history. If Book gets his chance and he is the real deal then that would e huge for the future of the Saints
By far the best possible scenario for our team. Here's hoping.

It's sad that I feel this way, but after being flamed so many times earlier this season when I wanted to try Book when it became obvious Siemian wasn't going to get it done, I don't have much to say other than I've always thought the kid had a chance, which is why I wanted to see what he could do at a point we only had him and Siemian. And I'm sure I'll get flamed away, because at times SR has become very FB like. But Geaux Book! Who Dat gonna get it done. I believe!
I’ve wanted to see if he (Book) has anything to offer too. Don’t pay em any mind. Some folks are just like that.

What the hell is wrong with what he said? You should be happy that is his goal instead of discouraging it. I just hope he doesn't press to hard to try to make it happen like Reggie did when the media pushed the "next Gayle Sayers" hype on him. Let the game come to you and just play to the best you can to your skill set.!
I remember Reggie saying he wanted to be MVP. Of course, it never even came close to happening but it came from a place of wanting to be a good player and a playmaker. Same here from Book.

I like that he's getting his shot so that we know a little bit about what we got going forward. But I sure wish it was not in this situation. Rookies are going to rook. At least we are not having to start Ty Montgomery at QB.

Just like Drew, Ian wants to:

- go through progressions rapidly
- put the ball in a tight window

He said that he grew up watching Drew, and patterned his game after him.

This mini-presser was this past Aug., and Book’s comments about Drew are at about the 4:30 mark.

WhoDat

:gosaints:

I can't wait to see what he can do. I think 16-26....250 yards 1 touchdown, 1 pick would be a good day and a day we could live with

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom