Saints Ian Book: “I want to play like Drew Brees” (3 Viewers)

Brady also had his head coach and starting lineup
I am thinking long run for the future . I am not saying he is going to to come in Monday and just explode from the get go. We will have a good idea of what may be in store for the future.

Brady came in and they won that game but it wasn't set in stone that he was always going to be that good but he exceeded their expectations so who knows how Book will do. I am hoping it turns out where we get another 15 to 20 years of top tier play from Book and save us from trying to sell the future for some current overpriced quarterback. Just excited to see if we can get lucky twice in 20 years 🙂 who knows.

Forgot to mention, Miami's defense has the highest pressure and sack rate in the NFL.

If Book was starting because Payton had made the choice i would feel more comfortable, not good given all the other factors, but reasonably comfortable that he was ready and there was a plan.

That it is not the case though, he is starting because he is the only QB we have, and Payton is not even "in the building" right now.

You never know what will happen . I remember watching the Patriots game where Bledsoe got drilled on the sidelines and Brady came in and the rest is history. If Book gets his chance and he is the real deal then that would e huge for the future of the Saints
Umm, compare Brady's Offensive Roster on his 1st start vs what Book will have...

The kid is a rookie and has never started a game in the NFL so... I'd temper my expectations and hope the defense plays lights out again.
Well, as I said in another post, hopefully the coaching staff can game plan for Ian the way they did for Taysom. And since Ian can actually throw an accurate pass, maybe he’ll connect with the receivers more. But since the tight ends are depleted, and both starting tackles are out it might be a rough outing

That’s what this season has done, kid hasn’t even been active for most games and fans are already sizing up his gold jacket
Yep. But if you disagree with me it’s the internet and I hate you…. (purse swinging goes here). I’m just enjoying the season post Brees and damn good defense.

Funny, I want the same thing...
I know, huh?
Imagine that.
But we all wish the kid good luck.
Who knows - he may shock the " Lis " right off of the " Fleur " ...
[ I don't know - it sounded good in my head ... ]
Wouldn't surprise me if the game is postponed, along with some others.
Didn't we all expect this stuff happening?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom