Saints Ian Book: “I want to play like Drew Brees” (1 Viewer)

I’d like to see what Book can do but I just don’t know why on earth we would send a rookie qb out there in this situation. If we are in any way developing him for the future, no good can come out of this. Every chip known to man is stacked against him. Just run the wildcat.

Not sure if serious here.

I was reading the transcript from today, serious Brees vibes. I'm not saying he's the next Brees or will even not look like a rookie starting his 1st NFL game. But his approach, his demeanor are very Breesesque.
Homer glasses on....
Book goes 35 out of 37 for 375 and 4 TDs!!!
I sure hope so. At the very least, he sounds the part. Body language is sure more encouraging than what I got from other QBs this season. Primetime MNF on a holiday weekend with the season on the line for your first NFL start is a big assignment

I agree. But we really have no choice. And that’s after sending a hurt Taysom and mediocre Trevor seimian out there. I don’t even have words to describe it anymore lol
Agreed. We don't have any other choice. Somebody needs to do a list of everything we've been up against this year. My goodness.

If Book wins and has great stats, that will surely open up a whole can of worms going forward . Good luck buddy, bring it baby.
.....and this kid is going to do everything possible to win Monday night. BOOK mark it. Sean has a plan and Ian has Kamara.

I was reading the transcript from today, serious Brees vibes. I'm not saying he's the next Brees or will even not look like a rookie starting his 1st NFL game. But his approach, his demeanor are very Breesesque.
Homer glasses on....
Book goes 35 out of 37 for 375 and 4 TDs!!!
Jesus. Really?

Book has said that Brees was one of his QB role models. When I first watched him in the preseason, I thought he looked and operated a lot like Brees. I mean, like I had to check the Jersey number.

There's obviously only one Drew Brees, and we're used to watching Brees with 20 years of pro bowl level experience... But I wouldn't be shocked to see this guy come out and look sharp and prepared.

Fingers crossed.

Just play like Ian Book. Dont try be a hero. Get in film room and pay attention to detail. Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance...Who Dat⚜
I like that he's getting his shot so that we know a little bit about what we got going forward. But I sure wish it was not in this situation. Rookies are going to rook. At least we are not having to start Ty Montgomery at QB.
Actually, the situation ain’t as bad as it looks. My BIGGEST concern right now ain’t Ian, but who’s starting at RT. If we get dat addressed, I think we’re still ok.

Despite the injuries n COVID on O, IMO, it’s STILL a great opportunity for Ian! We’re at home. The D is ballin! He’ll have both AK n MI in the run game, in pass pro, n as receivers on quick routes to counter the Fins pass rush.

Bottom line, if the O can keep down n distance manageable, we’ll b fine. Ian’s gonna win some of those with his legs alone. But the “X” factor is how Ian’s able to extend plays. Before he runs, he’s always got his head up, lookin downfield!

I wish him the best!!!!

👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom