Fire Carmichael (1 Viewer)

Yeah, ML thought that a guy with a 29% all-time winning percentage could stumble along with enough mediocrity for the next few years to enable him to avoid the work needed to do a coaching overhaul and semi roster re-tool.

The most dangerous thing in pro sports is an out of touch GM with no fear of repercussions.

The Saints were Doug Pederson's top choice.

The Saints interview according to a very trusted friend who works in the league was "a sham that Pederson saw straight through".

Allen was their guy the whole way. Brutal.

The Saints interview according to a very trusted friend who works in the league was "a sham that Pederson saw straight through".

Makes me so sad to read this.

I think we all saw it, though. I remember posting, during that time, that it didn't feel like the interviews were real. I was outspoken on prefering Brian Flores during that process.

How incredibly shameful is that? A recent Super bowl champion who wants the job and you insult him for the sake of hiring Dennis Allen?

It's terrible decision making.

Look, Pete's a great offensive coordinator. He really is, and he's a really good play-caller. He's had a lot of success, and when you're not having success, that bothers him more than anyone, and yet, man, I've always had confidence in him. We have confidence in Pete, our players have confidence in him, and so, yes, it's good to have some success, and yet I think he would be the first one to tell you that there were some opportunities that we missed that we could've easily scored another 12 or 14 points in that game if we execute properly.. And so, we've got lots of things to work on, but it's good to work on things off of a win, as opposed to working on things off of a loss.

Just going to leave Loomis' thoughts here, going into this week. Mickey really is clueless. And this is why it's best for y'all not to waste energy and hope into believing that Pete will be relieved of his duties this week. It just will not happen. Yet again, pure negligence on his part.

How incredibly shameful is that? A recent Super bowl champion who wants the job and you insult him for the sake of hiring Dennis Allen?

It's terrible decision making.

Allen was their guy the whole way. The entire coaching search was a sham so it wouldn't be them only bringing in minority candidates to comply with the Rooney rule.

Pederson made everyone believe Carson Wentz would be a thing and won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles.

Jacksonville player for player is a worse team than the Saints and yet they won a playoff game last year, fell to the eventual Super Bowl Champs by just a single score, and are 4-2 currently this year.

Jacksonville should NOT be as good as they are, and yet here they are.

Anyway, in true Saints fashion I expect them to murder the Jaguars because that would be the most Saints outcome possible.

I feel like at least a third of the board saw through it, and people began rationalizing the decision once it was official (like Nick). I really think we are in a bad place right now because we have a GM and owner who are too seasoned (old/experienced) to make any drastic change. DA and Carr have mediocrity written all over them.

Allen was their guy the whole way. The entire coaching search was a sham so it wouldn't be them only bringing in minority candidates to comply with the Rooney rule.

Pederson made everyone believe Carson Wentz would be a thing and won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles.

Jacksonville player for player is a worse team than the Saints and yet they won a playoff game last year, fell to the eventual Super Bowl Champs by just a single score, and are 4-2 currently this year.

Anyway, in true Saints fashion I expect them to murder the Jaguars because that would be the most Saints outcome possible.
Murder or be murdered would both make about complete sense.

We'll score 2 defensive TDs, 1 ST touchdown, 1 offensive TD and that'll give Pete another 4 weeks easily 😅

Just going to leave Loomis' thoughts here, going into this week. Mickey really is clueless. And this is why it's best for y'all not to waste energy and hope into believing that Pete will be relieved of his duties this week. It just will not happen. Yet again, pure negligence on his part.
Mickey ain't the coach though. If DA makes the decision to can PC and Loomis interferes, then he would earn further criticism but until then, this is on DA.

I don't got no scoop for you but the evidence was there before they played the garbage Patriots and he didnt do anything. Hell, it looks the same as last season and they had eight months to do something.
Dennis Allen done the same thing with the Raiders. The same thing. It was the OC, it was the Qb. No it's Dennis Allen and if Mickey don't know that then the Saints are in way more trouble than any of us know.
What's your scoop why he's still here ?
The 2012-13 Raiders were deficient on talent

There is absolutely nothing to envy on those rosters

I feel like at least a third of the board saw through it, and people began rationalizing the decision once it was official (like Nick). I really think we are in a bad place right now because we have a GM and owner who are too seasoned (old/experienced) to make any drastic change. DA and Carr have mediocrity written all over them.
I think the people who are saying our biggest problem is that Loomis has no fear of losing his job are most correct. Perhaps if he did have that fear he wouldn't have settled on Allen or would have made changes after last season.

Instead he just really doesn't want to fire these people he likes who have been with the organization for a long time.. early in a very real sense it cost us a good coach in Doug Pederson.

Makes me so sad to read this.

I think we all saw it, though. I remember posting, during that time, that it didn't feel like the interviews were real. I was outspoken on prefering Brian Flores during that process.
I'm certain that u were openly mocked. LOL. Laugh now...well u know the rest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom