Fire Carmichael (1 Viewer)

The wideouts seem to often be in the same area, if that’s truly the play calling then it’s terrible.
It’s not… I understand PC is not getting it done but there is no OC in HS that will design a play with 2 receivers ending up in the same area… this shows the problem run deeper then just the OC, cuz this does happen a LOT.

Last edited:
I think DA has finally lost the team. The D plays out of personal pride with no expectation of winning. I don't think that's sustainable.
I think everybody knows the problem is PC and the offense, not the offensive players but the offensive system.

DA and Loomis will probably ride this out for the year then PC will step down more out of respect for PC and his contribution and tenure to the Saints but it's pretty clear PC is not the man for the job (never was in my opinion).

They can’t make wholesale changes until after the season and at the earliest the bye week. Kind of is what it is for now

They can’t make wholesale changes until after the season and at the earliest the bye week. Kind of is what it is for now
Sure you can. At least you fix the main problem which is play calling. What do you have to lose. We're already bottom of the league in just about every category.

This probably won't be the most popular post. Agree that the red zone offense was abysmal. No excuses.

But after seeing the most anemic offensive performance in years against Tampa a few weeks ago, I actually saw lots of positives today.

Carr threw for over 300, spread it around, used Olave, got the ball to Kamara in space a few times through the air....

There are plenty of problems, we all see that. No denying it. Lots about today was awful. But after the offense hit bottom 2 weeks ago, enough improvement has happened that I wouldn't make a change this week.

Let's wait till the mini bye after the Thursday game. One more chance PC

I really don't understand why Dennis double down on Pete after some of the worst offensive games that I've ever seen in 2022. It's such a cowardice decision to be afraid of making a change.

If you really going to commit to "your guy". I don't quite understand it. You'll both get fired and get to be Sean's lackey in Denver for the rest of your coaching career. Never get a head coaching opportunity again.

Is that what you really want? You got to be a trailblazer in the NFL to succeed. You are always better with an unknown coordinator than proven hotdog water.

You had Eric Beinemy available. Houston OC is a 1st year OC as well. He was available.

Fireable offense.
Who is available now? It’s too late. We’re screwed. There is no recovering. We’ll win some games against bad offenses when the defense can dominate. But this offense will not predictable score two TDs per game this season…with or without Carmichael. The OL is too bad, the QB is too bad/hurt…and the playballing is what it is. Gruden isn’t saving this thing…one of the offensive assistants aren’t saving it. Allen sure as heck doesn’t know what happening on offense.

Let's rent another plane and have a "Save Our Saints: Fire Pete" banner behind it.
I love the enthusiasm, but who's going to see that banner in the Dome? Plus, this time of the year, it starts getting dark pretty early.

Who is available now? It’s too late. We’re screwed. There is no recovering. We’ll win some games against bad offenses when the defense can dominate. But this offense will not predictable score two TDs per game this season…with or without Carmichael. The OL is too bad, the QB is too bad/hurt…and the playballing is what it is. Gruden isn’t saving this thing…one of the offensive assistants aren’t saving it. Allen sure as heck doesn’t know what happening on offense.
Yep, this is a decision you make 9 months ago and can't undo.

Sure you can. At least you fix the main problem which is play calling. What do you have to lose. We're already bottom of the league in just about every category.

I get that. I guess what I’m trying to say is Pete is the OC. Anyone you get to call plays now is going to be someone on the team that wasn’t even good enough to be named the OC. But I agree, we’ve got to try something different. I just don’t think that ends up being the fix. The fix will come when we can actually recruit in the off-season to bring in a brand new OC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom