EA Bringing back NCAA Football (13 Viewers)

just a friendly reminder that the last NCAA was made before monetization took over video games...

and EA knows that sports games will have people throwing money at them for the dumbest things....

just a friendly reminder that the last NCAA was made before monetization took over video games...

and EA knows that sports games will have people throwing money at them for the dumbest things....

That's not totally true. I recall in NCAA 14 or earlier that they sold things like better recruiting with one guaranteed 5 star or something and more recruiting hours. Stuff like that. So they already had people throwing money at stupid things.

But, I suspect whatever they do in 2024 will likely look more like what they do for MUT and FIFA where they sell packs of cards to build ultimate teams. And I really only play franchise mode so I don't really care if they want to monetize that stuff.

Last edited:
That's not totally true. I recall in NCAA 14 or earlier that they sold things like better recruiting with one guaranteed 5 star or something and more recruiting hours. Stuff like that. So they already had people throwing money at stupid things.

that's exactly why i said 'before monetization took over video games'

'took over' being the important part there...i'll make sure it's bolded and highlighted for you next time, counselor...i know your eyes get tired before pudding and Matlock

'took over' being the important part there...i'll make sure it's bolded and highlighted for you next time, counselor...i know your eyes get tired before pudding and Matlock

Thanks for the response, Roderick. Do you need a tissue?

I happen to be a huge fan of both pudding and Matlock.

It’s an instant pre-order for me. But if this turns into a pay to play game, it’ll be the last NCAA I buy. So I hope they aren’t stupid about this.

It’s an instant pre-order for me. But if this turns into a pay to play game, it’ll be the last NCAA I buy. So I hope they aren’t stupid about this.
You do realize which company you're talking about here, right?

You do realize which company you're talking about here, right?
Yes, but they have done a decent job with FIFA. A certain level of merch stuff is fine, but stuff like paying to unlock basic stuff like teams would be unforgivable

Widge was right about one thing, it will probably look similar to the MUT deck building…which is garbage but doesn’t affect most of the game modes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom