Carr is not HIM (1 Viewer)

Indeed QBs can make OCs look bad at times and like geniuses at other times. Believe me, the HC knows which is making the other look bad.
It doesn’t just stop there. Apparently our team leaders think we have an effort/preparation problem with some of the players, which is going to be the most difficult problem to fix. Can’t win in this league without commitment from the players, the margins for error are too slim.

Drew Brees was a HOF QB, and a student of the game. It was like having an extra offensive coordinator in the huddle and on the field when he played. He knew how to direct traffic with his o-line and when to release the ball to find the open player. Yes, he made mistakes and threw some picks at times, but he rarely rushed the throws. Carr, is the exact opposite and is mediocre at best. Not impressed with nothing so far he brings to the table.

Carr will have some nice games, even 2 in a row on occasion. Then he will break your heart and let you down. He just isn't consistent, will make you believe he is clutch, then show you he isn't.

Elite (top 10) QBs are super-rare. If Carr was the guy as some of the fans believe, the Raiders would never have let him get away. I think Carr is high tier 3 or low tier 2, in the top 20 area. That's a compliment, he's still a rare athlete. If he was 26-28, I would still have hope he could get better. But at this point he's what he is, a good QB who can't quite carry a team without big help from a very solid team.

We can't blame Allen, he was the best QB out there who wasn't heavy with baggage, but we did pay too much.

That's my humble opinion for now, it will change if I see something different.
This is part of my issue with the decision to sign him. It was really a desperation move on some levels by DA. He was a mid-tier guy that was sold to us as elite. Shoot, even a couple of weeks back Mickey claimed we hadn't seen QB play like that in a while. Rather than go the transit route and solidify other parts of the team, DA and Mickey blamed our poor performance on the lack of stability at QB. We are an average team at best, and an average QB doesn't make us elite. Think about it, how many great assets do we currently have in their prime? Olave? AK is an aging RB and MT's best days are behind him; as are Davis and Cam. The FO has missed on so many 1st round linemen I'm losing count.

All this Carr hate, and as an old-timer, I haven't seen a qb running for his life at the snap of the ball like this since Archie. Why no hate for our running backs, who are met in the backfield nearly every time they receive the handoff? Could it just possibly be we have no idea who Carr can be until he receives adequate OL protection?

I think the fact all QBs last year were trash and Carr this year is trash point to it being an offensive offense line and poor play calling.

So the real question is why spend 150 million in a four year deal and get a supposed major upgrade from Jameis Winston if you don’t fix those line and coaching issues first. It has been a complete waste of money due to incompetence of the staff to also upgrade the line and the coaching.

If they needed to retool the line and weapons and this year is a rebuilding year, they never should have spent all the money on a QB. Let Winston have one more shot and then make a move (unless Winston showed signs he could be your future QB). The big QB move should have happened next year based on the current talent on offense.
You can't blame DA for not wanting to roll with a QB who was given the starting opportunity the previous two seasons and couldn't make it past the mid-season mark either time. Not putting that blame on Winston (call it being snake bit, bad luck, whatever - you certainly can't blame him for what Devin White did to him), but you can't blame DA for wanting to go in the direction of a more reliable (as far as being durable) QB with the hot seat simmering. I'm not saying things have worked out well with that decision, but I understood the need to go in some kind of a different direction. At least the Saints failed in their attempt to get Watson.

All this Carr hate, and as an old-timer, I haven't seen a qb running for his life at the snap of the ball like this since Archie. Why no hate for our running backs, who are met in the backfield nearly every time they receive the handoff? Could it just possibly be we have no idea who Carr can be until he receives adequate OL protection?
Carr is getting grief because he was sold to us as a cure for our QBing ills. now we're actually worse despite overhauling the WR and TE groups. The sad line and sad playcalling are carry overs from last year and all we did was blame the QB

It doesn’t just stop there. Apparently our team leaders think we have an effort/preparation problem with some of the players, which is going to be the most difficult problem to fix. Can’t win in this league without commitment from the players, the margins for error are too slim.
Yep. A lot of fans don't understand how close the margins are between teams. Every team is struggling to get the best players, coaches, and FO. Every team tries to outplay and outsmart other teams on Sunday.

I don't blame our coaches and players for the Texans loss. I place that loss squarely at the feet of Stroud.

Carr is getting grief because he was sold to us as a cure for our QBing ills. now we're actually worse despite overhauling the WR and TE groups. The sad line and sad playcalling are carry overs from last year and all we did was blame the QB
Carr was not sold to anyone.

The comments coaches and GMs make are not always for the fans. Those comments were to bolster Carr's confidence and let him know the team is relying on him.

If those plays were executed, they wouldn't have been sad. Your QB has to be accurate and has to find and hit the open man.

Last edited:
Carr was not sold to anyone.

The comments coaches and GMs make are not always for the fans. Those comments were to bolster Carr's confidence and let him know the team is relying on him.

If those plays were executed, they wouldn't have been sad. Your QB has to be accurate and has to find and hit the open man.
Carr was sold to the fans by the media more than by the coaches. Certain media types were ready for anything but Dalton, and didn’t give Jameis a second thought (before saying that Carr would be something here).

The wild thing is those of us who were told by Raiders fans that Carr wasn’t HIM, were scoffed at. Oh well.

Carr was sold to the fans by the media more than by the coaches. Certain media types were ready for anything but Dalton, and didn’t give Jameis a second thought (before saying that Carr would be something here).

The wild thing is those of us who were told by Raiders fans that Carr wasn’t HIM, were scoffed at. Oh well.
Welcome to the party....we've been waiting for you.

Your African surplus Jameis Winston Saints Jersey is on the way

Who's fault is that? 2/3 of our ine are 1st round picks. Carr is the guy DA wanted, not a mobile QB that could deal with a bad line. I don't who made a worse signing decision, us or the Giants?

Carr was sold to us by the players as well. Several of them recruited him here. I forgot which defensive player it was, but one of them compared him to Peyton Manning in his ability to tell from where the blitz was coming. Michael Thomas tweeted, "Thank you, Jesus" upon hearing that the Saints signed Carr. Given the QBs in house, why would MT13 have such a reaction to that?

The only thing becoming clear to me is that no QB is going to be the guy behind this offensive line.

Carr was sold to us by the players as well. Several of them recruited him here. I forgot which defensive player it was, but one of them compared him to Peyton Manning in his ability to tell from where the blitz was coming. Michael Thomas tweeted, "Thank you, Jesus" upon hearing that the Saints signed Carr. Given the QBs in house, why would MT13 have such a reaction to that?
Good point. I stilL blame DA:p

I think a lot of people will be shocked at how much better the offensive line will look with just better play calling and play design.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom