23/24 EPL season (1 Viewer)

Kinda shocked by the West Ham @ Brighton result
Antonio is becoming a force

but I have to be more shocked that Fulham clawed back a point after going a man down
So that’s 2 matches I’ve seen where the 10 man squad held their lead and now where one equalized
That seems statistically odd

Antonio is becoming a force

but I have to be more shocked that Fulham clawed back a point after going a man down
So that’s 2 matches I’ve seen where the 10 man squad held their lead and now where one equalized
That seems statistically odd
About to test my theory
Liverpool 0-1 and down to 10

The ref’s efforts in this match will be …discussed

About to test my theory
Liverpool 0-1 and down to 10

The ref’s efforts in this match will be …discussed

It was clear red. He kicked through Isak who was about to be on goal from 16 yds away with no one else but keeper.

Denial of a goal scoring opportunity is always red. Just a poor decision by Virgil because his marking was poor to let Isak seal him off and behind him.

Play high line, deal with the consequences

It was clear red. He kicked through Isak who was about to be on goal from 16 yds away with no one else but keeper.

Denial of a goal scoring opportunity is always red. Just a poor decision by Virgil because his marking was poor to let Isak seal him off and behind him.

Play high line, deal with the consequences
I think the discussion starts with the horrible yellow on TAA
For Virgil I see a yellow - he played the ball and won the ball- but obviously there was initial contact
Regardless VVD’s poor form this season is surprising

I think the discussion starts with the horrible yellow on TAA
For Virgil I see a yellow - he played the ball and won the ball- but obviously there was initial contact
Regardless VVD’s poor form this season is surprising

He played the ball after clearing Isak foot ...you can't play thru the player to get to ball. Just like when player shields ball in corner waiting for push or kick to go down for fk.

There were no other defenders close enough to close on Isak to prevent shot. That's a red.

The whole of Liv is surprising and now the speculation ramping up that Salah will be off to Saudi Arabia.

VVD's red is not even a card anywhere else on the pitch. He was level with the man, there's defenders on either side of the pair of them, the ball is not under control by either of them, and he's got every right to challenge for it. Free kick absolutely because as was said he gets the player first and the ball second but a straight red for that is ridiculous. Mac Allister got done the same way in the middle of the pitch and the ref waited a few seconds before even awarding the foul.

Anyway, 3 points from that is a massive boost for Liverpool and I'm made up for Nunez to get a couple goals to his name. Too much talk about where TAA should play and not enough about sorting his concentration out, two games in a row he's given up easy chances that lead to goals because of mis-controlling a simple ball.

VVD's red is not even a card anywhere else on the pitch. He was level with the man, there's defenders on either side of the pair of them, the ball is not under control by either of them, and he's got every right to challenge for it. Free kick absolutely because as was said he gets the player first and the ball second but a straight red for that is ridiculous. Mac Allister got done the same way in the middle of the pitch and the ref waited a few seconds before even awarding the foul.

Anyway, 3 points from that is a massive boost for Liverpool and I'm made up for Nunez to get a couple goals to his name. Too much talk about where TAA should play and not enough about sorting his concentration out, two games in a row he's given up easy chances that lead to goals because of mis-controlling a simple ball.

I've long thought Nunez had all the ability in world and this may be the confidence boost he needs to elevate his game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom