Therapy? (1 Viewer)

huh.
I have never heard this perspective at all
Most women i know would argue that ‘men’ (not necessarily ‘a man’ which might be a distinction worth discussing) are taught to be dismissive of women’s feelings (and to a degree all feelings)

Men are taught to subvert their feelings into work, then sports, then drink and nowadays video games
Putting the feelings of women and kids on par with our own would be a positive development
I'm taking about the running 'joke' that happy wife equals happy life. Men constantly tell other men the wives make them answer. I find it difficult to believe you've never encountered such. I'm certain women are treated terribly as well. To someone treated like this, those aren't jokes. They are survival cries.

1in6.org nsfw

You want to help women? Then help young men not to become offenders. We can't treat men as disposable and expect good outcomes towards others. Both men and women need to be helped. It's not an either or situ.

Last edited:
The trick is finding someone that accepts Tricare. Fewer and fewer do. So much for veterans “benefits “.
It might be worth spending out of pocket for this one. I would look for the letters PHD following their name.

I went through therapy about 20 years ago I am proud to announce. It wasn't like what I thought it would be at all. It was like going back to school to pick up what I missed the first time. I was in and out pretty darned fast, my therapist said I was a really fast learner. One day after about ten visits I went in and she said sh'd taught me what there was to teach, that had learned it well, and she said we were done. I was ready to go solo.

What I learned was how to spot projections, people project upon others all the time. I learned to figure out what was my shirt, and how to separate it from what was other people's shirt. How to deal with their shirt once I figured out that it was their shirt, wasn't my shirt.

The person who sent me to get therapy thought that it made me worse. For a while anyway, she's come around. It worked for me, my going to theory was how I fixed the problem I was having with her.

The one minute preview of what there is to learn is the 20 minute rule. If it's one of those "issues" and you and she have been talking about it for more than 20 minutes, stop it. Stop talking about it. After 20 minutes there is a chemical imbalance that has been built up in your brain chemistry, a break is the only way to get it back in balance.

So the money I spent on therapy was some of the best money I ever spent. My advise is look for "PHD."

It might be worth spending out of pocket for this one. I would look for the letters PHD following their name.

I went through therapy about 20 years ago I am proud to announce. It wasn't like what I thought it would be at all. It was like going back to school to pick up what I missed the first time. I was in and out pretty darned fast, my therapist said I was a really fast learner. One day after about ten visits I went in and she said sh'd taught me what there was to teach, that had learned it well, and she said we were done. I was ready to go solo.

What I learned was how to spot projections, people project upon others all the time. I learned to figure out what was my shirt, and how to separate it from what was other people's shirt. How to deal with their shirt once I figured out that it was their shirt, wasn't my shirt.

The person who sent me to get therapy thought that it made me worse. For a while anyway, she's come around. It worked for me, my going to theory was how I fixed the problem I was having with her.

The one minute preview of what there is to learn is the 20 minute rule. If it's one of those "issues" and you and she have been talking about it for more than 20 minutes, stop it. Stop talking about it. After 20 minutes there is a chemical imbalance that has been built up in your brain chemistry, a break is the only way to get it back in balance.

So the money I spent on therapy was some of the best money I ever spent. My advise is look for "PHD."

You will have a harder and harder time finding a PHD that's doing therapy. It's an underserved field and most PHDs end up as mid and upper level administrators or they will make assessments and diagnosis and refer you to a licensed therapist. Licensing various from state to state, but in Louisiana you want to find a LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor) or LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker), which is a clinical licensing beyond their Master's programs. They will have had 2 years of education beyond Master's with a focal point on clinical work, whereas a PHDed individual, depending on the program, can have focal points ranging from administration to academia or what have you. MDs (Psychiatrists) and PHDs do not do a lot of therapy, as there are licensed clinicians to do that work.

The trick is finding someone that accepts Tricare. Fewer and fewer do. So much for veterans “benefits “.
That is going to get worse, and you may start having a harder and harder time finding primary care doctors as well. Tricare keep lowering what they pay clinicians for services. Tricare pays about the same as medicaid, which in some cases is half of what private insurances pay, and a third of what a cash paying patient pays.

I have been in therapy off and on for 18 years.

I quit drinking directly after a conversation with my therapist over 13 years ago.

I have also gone to a ton of therapy where I felt that I was wasting my time because I didn't trust the therapist.

So I learned how to work the system.

If you have a therapist you want to go to, or one you think you like but they are out of your network-

You need to call your insurance company and tell the. You would like a Single Case Agreement with the selected therapist. You need this because of network shortage and you have found one that works. They might push back immediately but if you persist, they will give it to you.

This agreement allows you to go out of network with the selected therapist or Doctor at insurance prices. These Agreements are typically for 6 months and need to be re-upped.

This works with special doctors too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom