The Flash: Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Uhhh, yeah no. Let the dead dog stay where it is.
What would you suggest as a DC universe series that would be good to produce? I enjoyed the Arrowverse series more than not, so I'd like something that would replace it. Doesn't have to be a reboot or continuation or anything, but maybe a completely different set of characters.

Just more thinking out loud what HBO could do with a DC show or multiple shows.

What would you suggest as a DC universe series that would be good to produce? I enjoyed the Arrowverse series more than not, so I'd like something that would replace it. Doesn't have to be a reboot or continuation or anything, but maybe a completely different set of characters.

Just more thinking out loud what HBO could do with a DC show or multiple shows.
Let Gunn establish his universe. The Arrowverse is dead and rightfully so thanks to the CW.

This is Exhibit A that any series no matter how good at the beginning, shouldn't run for more than 5-6 seasons.

Are they still making the Green Lantern series on HBO, or was that cancelled as well?

My son and I have watched this for nine years. Somehow, we've managed to stick it out and see it through to the end. This season has been rough. There were MULTIPLE episodes in which there was basically no Flash. In the final season of 13 episodes in a series called THE FLASH, there's really no forking excuse for that. Does anyone even give a shirt about spoilers at this point? Probably not, but I'll conceal them just in case.

- No Cisco AT ALL this season, especially in the series finale, just pisses me off. I understand he might have had a scheduling conflict, but he couldn't get away for a day to film something, anything?? If so, production couldn't have gone to him and filmed something? Shirt, put him on a green screen and make it a hologram congratulating Barry and Iris on Nora's birth. Literally forking anything for an original cast member to appear in the finale.
- We get all of the big bads from previous seasons together and they get dispatched like they're D level villains? Savitar literally got killed because he got stabbed in the back. Reverse Flash got knocked out / defeated by a light explosion. Super Cecile was faster than the Godspeeds? We're talking about villains that took whole seasons to defeat and suddenly they can be taken out in moments. Bullshirt.
- And Barry beat Cobalt Blue by talking to him. Okay.

Agree on Gunn. Curious to see how much effort he'll put into movies compared to TV series or vice versa.
Didn’t he say at that press conference that everything will be connected (even the video games) unless specifically labeled “elseworlds”?

If that’s the case, I hope they put some effort into it. I thought Gunn did a wonderful job with Peacemaker but he probably won’t have the time to personally work that much on any 1 particular show these days.

Are they still making the Green Lantern series on HBO, or was that cancelled as well?

A retooled version of it was announced when Gunn revealed his "road map" for the DC Universe going forward. It's happening but it will be set on Earth and they cited "True Detective" as an inspiration. Which...eh....I'll give it a chance, but I don't love that elevator pitch. GL should be crazy and cosmic. We'll see.

This is Exhibit A that any series no matter how good at the beginning, shouldn't run for more than 5-6 seasons.

Arrow had three good seasons then circled the drain fast.

Flash had two good seasons. Cracks were already apparent by season 3, but it was still alright. Each subsequent season after that was progressively worse than the last.

Legends of Tomorrow started quite badly, found it's footing by leaning into the zaniness, then somehow got *too* self aware and over the top with it by the end. That shows quality on a season by season basis is basically a bell curve. Lousy start, fantastic middle, went out with a whimper.

Supergirl started out lousy, kind of got OK around the middle of the first season, then spent the rest of its run lecturing you ham-fistedly about whatever social issue of the week they were tackling. Bad show that was less concerned about telling stories and more concerned with berating you with thinly veiled social commentary. Became completely unwatchable because of this.

Batwoman...was a show that existed. Probably most notable for the original lead leaving the show and then sheetting all over the production in the press.

Every last one of them went on far, far too long.

Supergirl started out lousy, kind of got OK around the middle of the first season, then spent the rest of its run lecturing you ham-fistedly about whatever social issue of the week they were tackling. Bad show that was less concerned about telling stories and more concerned with berating you with thinly veiled social commentary. Became completely unwatchable because of this.
Spot on.

Arrow had three good seasons then circled the drain fast.

Flash had two good seasons. Cracks were already apparent by season 3, but it was still alright. Each subsequent season after that was progressively worse than the last.

Legends of Tomorrow started quite badly, found it's footing by leaning into the zaniness, then somehow got *too* self aware and over the top with it by the end. That shows quality on a season by season basis is basically a bell curve. Lousy start, fantastic middle, went out with a whimper.

Batwoman...was a show that existed. Probably most notable for the original lead leaving the show and then sheetting all over the production in the press.

Every last one of them went on far, far too long.
Yep across the board. And although not a part of the Arrowverse, Gotham Knights is the worse of them all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom