Sony PS3 Sales Plummet (1 Viewer)

I think some of these are PSN games, i love me some Lumines, thats exciting.

- Afrika
- BUZZ! Junior: Jungle Party
- Crash Commando
- Dynasty Warriors BB
- Driver PS3
- DC Universe Online
- EyePet
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- Fat Princess
- Fifth Phantom Saga
- Flower
- Free Realms
- Gomibako
- Gran Turismo 5
- God of War III
- GTI Club Plus
- Heavy Rain
- InFamous
- Killzone 2
- L.A. Noire
- Lumines Supernova
- MAG
- Metro 2033: The Last Refuge
- Ni-Oh
- PixelJunk: Dungeons
- Quantum Theory
- Ragdoll Kungfu: Fists of Plastic
- Red Baron Arcade
- Redwood Falls
- Resistance 2
- Savage Moon
- SingStar: ABBA
- Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer
- Team ICO game
- The Agency
- The Punisher: No Mercy
- The Wall
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Wheel of Fortune
- White Knight Chronicles
- Yakuza 3

Mark this post right now. Fat Princess will move some units.

hmm, the mongeese, a known sony hater, claims that sony built a game system with the intent of people not using it for games but rather to watch the norbit water park scene in hi def

That was a funny scene, though.

nealkm said:
Nope - but I do see reaching.

So because Bluray won the format war, Sony doesn't care about games anymore? How are they going to sell more PS3s to play the bluray discs on if they stop caring about games?

It's not reaching; it's laziness. I don't feel like googling all this stuff that I remember reading at the time. And arguing about on this forum at the time. It's irrelevant to the discussion, anyway.

Something made sony include expensive bluray parts in the PS3. To date, there have been no games that make special use of bluray tech. The larger storage capacity is meaningless, because the nature of the cell chip requires more storage space (many items need to be doubled up -- it's quite wasteful and expensive with no graphical gain to show for it). Bluray isn't in there for gaming, yet the cost of bluray parts make the system very expensive. They had to include it for a reason, right?

Leading up to and directly after the release of the PS3, sony used its clout and might to cut deals with movie studios to exclusively put movies out on Bluray and not HDDVD. This was a massive campaign, and it worked. Sony made quick work of the HDDVD competitors. They remembered how they lost the Betamax/VHS fight, and they used these lessons to win this format war.

Is all of this coincidence?

Look at the PS3 exclusively as a gaming console; why did they create technical architecture that was difficult for programmers to develop games for? There were virtually no games for the PS3 for its entire first year of existence. Multi-platform developers groaned when they had to make PS3 versions of games, because it was costly, difficult, and there wasn't much of an install base to sell to even.

Does these actions reflect a company that was totally focused on giving the gamer the best experience? Or does it sound like they took their gamers for granted and wanted to push this new format?

You asked for a link and said I was reaching when I told you I don't feel doing a google homework assignment. Try this: you provide one link that suggests any benefit to gaming provided by the bluray drive.

If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit. If there is no gaming use for bluray, wouldn't that suggest that sony had other goals in mind?

But save yourself the time and effort. The verdict is being dished out by gaming consumers -- people have chosen to buy the "Wii60", which can be had for the same price as a PS3. Look at the software attach rate for the PS3 -- it's drastically lower than the 360s.

what's funny is that i have never actually seen norbit

I tried to hate it. It's not nearly as funny as Eddie's good stuff, but the one or two scenes that are funny are so worth it.

Ultimately, it was teh suck. But if you're in the mood to not expect much and are willing to sit through some boring parts, there are a couple of scenes that make the experience worth it.

Side note, Life was on the other day. Eddie's got some comedy gold in Life. (that's the one where he and martin lawrence were bootleggers sentenced to life in prison).

I've read that Mass Effect 2 is rumored to be a multi-console release now that EA bought Bioware.

lol at the comments on the imdb regarding Norbit:

some dude said:
If you've ever made a big mistake, watching this movie will be another one.

Almost physically painful to watch.

Norbit isn't nearly as bad as The Adventures of Pluto Nash, but it's a hell of a lot worse than Beverly Hills Cop 3, which was awful! I could not stand all of the fat jokes, they were not like the jokes in the Nutty Professor, which were playful, if a little bit rude. These were just plain hateful. Don't get me wrong, I really like Eddie Murphy, and I was really hoping that he was going to dig himself out of the pit of below-average movies he's starred in lately. I missed Dream Girls, but I heard it was very good. Too bad he had to follow it up with this movie.

The plot is unoriginal, and the writing is very plain.

Wait for the DVD, get extremely drunk, and watch it then.

I've read that Mass Effect 2 is rumored to be a multi-console release now that EA bought Bioware.

I was actually about to list Mass Effect as one of the few games on that list that I might miss as a PS3 owner

Fallout DLC being the other :mad:

I've heard rumors of ME2 going to PC aswell as 360, but nothing about multi console, not that rumors are ever really accurate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom