NFL Draft Sione Vaki the next Taysom Hill-esque gadget player. (1 Viewer)

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This guy plays safety, and running back while operating the wildcat offense.

I would love to draft him and play him at running back and special teams. He has the explosiveness to play running back. And adds value as a special teamer who can tackle or return kickoffs.

He can play safety in a pinch or he can develop into a backup safety but for now I like him in the aforementioned role.

I think his playing history suggests it's the other way around, i.e. he's primarily a safety who had to fill in and help out at RB in a pinch.

Although where NFL coaches see him being useful could be something else entirely.

Last edited:
We’ve never really seen a Hill before, at least not in my lifetime. So, no, I highly doubt anyone is the next Hill. Would have to see that one play out before I would believe it. But I get the point that versatility is useful.

We’ve never really seen a Hill before, at least not in my lifetime. So, no, I highly doubt anyone is the next Hill. Would have to see that one play out before I would believe it. But I get the point that versatility is useful.
Yeah the fact that he doesn’t play QB makes it hard to compare. We might not ever see a Taysom again. That’s why I think he could make the HOF if we win a SB and he plays well in it.

Good luck to any player making their mark as an all-around gadget type player. After 7 years no team has yet found a player comparable to Taysom Hill although they continue to look for one that can bring that dynamic to their team.

To start any comparison the player must first be a bona fide QB that can also do all of the Swiss Army Knife things that Taysom can do. Then they must be willing to check their ego and risk their health doing all of those things. The latter is the biggest obstacle finding a player of Hills talent, skill set, and mindset, because most talented QBs want to develop as a QB and aren't willing to be labeled as a gadget player or take the risk of injury to cut their career short as well as the financial aspect of it. Willing to be that team player from the beginning is part of what has made Taysom Hill a unique player in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom