DT 2nd round pick?? (1 Viewer)

GilFinnerty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
First three guys on that list be hell of a get with a 2nd round lick. Thinking thats where the team building value is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240426_100623_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240426_100623_Chrome.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 66
Team seems to value DTs who can play any technique. Makes me think Sweat wont be a option. I do like him paired with Breese who can 1 tech and also split a gap. Breese flexibility makes any of the 3 pair well on my opinion

Sweat can help you get to the 3rd and longs. And Fiske and Newton can help you get off the field on passing downs. I be happy with any of the three

Sweat can help you get to the 3rd and longs. And Fiske and Newton can help you get off the field on passing downs. I be happy with any of the three
Honestly, I feel like we need to match the offenses philosophy.

KK, talked about how they want to win on base downs so they aren't having to score on 3rd. Though he was speaking about redzone, I believe the defense should be subscribing to that same philosophy of winning on 1st and 2nd. Sweat helps significantly with that. The coverage, and scheme are good enough to win on 3rd.

First three guys on that list be hell of a get with a 2nd round lick. Thinking thats where the team building value is

Sweat and Fiske are both projected 3rd round or later, taking them in the second would be considered a reach. Newton is the best value pick, but will probably be gone before we draft. We could look at Orhorhoro, who is greaded as a second rounder, or maybe we could trade down and pick up a 3rd or 4th to go later in the second, and perhaps take Fiske, who's graded higher than Sweat on most boards I have seen.

Personally if we stay pat at 45, I think there will be incredible value at interior Offensive linemen. JPJ and Christian Haynes both had first round grades, and Cooper Beebe and Zach Fraizer both had early second round grades.

I really like Kris Jenkins ability to help against the run right away while still having some upside as a pass rusher in the future.

Is 1 or 2 of our 5ths enough to move up in the second to get sweat or newton? And how would y’all feel if we did that?

Sweat and Fiske are both projected 3rd round or later, taking them in the second would be considered a reach. Newton is the best value pick, but will probably be gone before we draft. We could look at Orhorhoro, who is greaded as a second rounder, or maybe we could trade down and pick up a 3rd or 4th to go later in the second, and perhaps take Fiske, who's graded higher than Sweat on most boards I have seen.

Personally if we stay pat at 45, I think there will be incredible value at interior Offensive linemen. JPJ and Christian Haynes both had first round grades, and Cooper Beebe and Zach Fraizer both had early second round grades.
Value may be there, but I still don't think this team wanted to emphasize Oline for this scheme. They took Fuaga because he was literally the BPA and it happened to match a need. I don't see them doubling down on Oline...I would like to see them move back from 45 and then take a WR and then try to go Dline. I absolutely think we need another YAC monster besides Taysom. Especially since were going to emphasize the run, and likely extensions of the run IE screen passes to WR's and TE's

Athletic tackles that can make it out to the edge are necessary. You now have two of them at either spot.

Team seems to value DTs who can play any technique. Makes me think Sweat wont be a option. I do like him paired with Breese who can 1 tech and also split a gap. Breese flexibility makes any of the 3 pair well on my opinion
Breese needs to be paired with another interior rusher.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom