Saints vs. Patriots Gameday Thread (1 Viewer)

New Orleans is a more recognizable name than “Gulf Coast” people all around the world know about New Orleans, a lot of those people probably don’t know it’s on the Gulf Coast.

The Patriots thing is weird because Boston is also and world famous city but it’s also such a small region that I think that’s why they went with that. With the Vikings, I mean who cares really?!
(Carolina Panthers sob in corner)

New Orleans is a more recognizable name than “Gulf Coast” people all around the world know about New Orleans, a lot of those people probably don’t know it’s on the Gulf Coast.

The Patriots thing is weird because Boston is also and world famous city but it’s also such a small region that I think that’s why they went with that. With the Vikings, I mean who cares really?!

I gotta respectfully disagree .. New England is not small, it includes Mass, CT, Vermont , New Hampshire , Maine and i think a couple of others im missing.. gotta be bigger than the Gulf Coast i think, without looking it up.. my point being that Boston is way more recognizable than New England .

I dont think it sounds terrible, though i do prefer ‘New Orleans Saints’.. just cant understand the rationale of calling them New England , it’s not like someone in Maine or Vermont cant root for them if they are called Boston Patriots.. i dont think anyone in Mobile or Destin is any less likely to pull for the New Orleans Saints than if they were named Gulf Coast Saints…. I jsut like consistency is all im saying.. plus i have time to think since im not stressed out at the end of a Saints game for the first ttime in forever .
The Patriots stadium is pretty close to Providence, RI, smaller than Boston, but still a metro area of 1.7 million. When they've won Super Bowls, they've held two parades, one in Boston and one in Providence. I suspect that New England Patriots is because of the dual city identity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom