Saints vs. Patriots Gameday Thread (2 Viewers)

Man I’m sure glad they’re not. Don't like that at all.

I dont think it sounds terrible, though i do prefer ‘New Orleans Saints’.. just cant understand the rationale of calling them New England , it’s not like someone in Maine or Vermont cant root for them if they are called Boston Patriots.. i dont think anyone in Mobile or Destin is any less likely to pull for the New Orleans Saints than if they were named Gulf Coast Saints…. I jsut like consistency is all im saying.. plus i have time to think since im not stressed out at the end of a Saints game for the first ttime in forever .

I am not a fan of teams being named after states or regions.. i wish the New England Patriots were still called the Boston Patriots.. and that the Minnesota Vikings were the Minneapolis Vikings et al… BUT if we’re gonna do the regional thing, why arent we the Gulf Coast Saints ? :shrug:

New Orleans is a more recognizable name than “Gulf Coast” people all around the world know about New Orleans, a lot of those people probably don’t know it’s on the Gulf Coast.

The Patriots thing is weird because Boston is also a world famous city but it’s also such a small region that I think that’s why they went with that. With the Vikings, I mean who cares really?!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom