Saints Superforum traffic (1 Viewer)

Maybe we just lost the uber posters. Back in the day, you wouldn't have 5 days of posts on the first page. I'm not complaining or stirring the pot.....just genuinely curious if traffic has dropped off significantly since our "heyday".
Yes we all miss Swimmer
We just grieve in different ways

The draft is a week away and I'm not seeing hundreds of new posts on the Superforum. Is this normal or has traffic slowed as the excitement for our Saints have waned?

I'm an old timer, but mostly hang out on the EE board. Traffic on the Superforum used to be insane. :shrug:
I'm an old timer too. I come on here and read but never hardly ever post. I don't like all of the confrontational posts and don't want to get in the middle of them.

Maybe we just lost the uber posters. Back in the day, you wouldn't have 5 days of posts on the first page. I'm not complaining or stirring the pot.....just genuinely curious if traffic has dropped off significantly since our "heyday".
Not sure if the site has but the team certainly has lol. Which is to be expected as we will never see that success again. Fact.

Also, there are other Saints sites out there....I never knew about em until recently...this used to be my only place to go, now I have several. Maybe others are looking at and posting on those other sites too. And I'm also an old timer who's been here since Iron Era, 97.

This is the only one I've ever donated to and subscribed to.

Last edited:
I'm an old timer too. I come on here and read but never hardly ever post. I don't like all of the confrontational posts and don't want to get in the middle of them.
It's definitely a battleground. The net gives weak, nasty miserly folks an opportunity to be nasty to others and bring em down to their miserable level. And in SR's defense it isn't just here that it happens. 😊

I think this (Coach speak)... There is not nearly the drama here with the Saints that we have had during the past several offseasons and Free Agency has been a yawner for the most part. The draft isn't getting anyone real excited knowing we don't have a pick after our second rounder for like forever... well... until pick 150. The Saints have painted themselves into a corner cap-wise and have made it clear that they want to stop kicking the can down the road (I agree with that). I have had people tell me that they just aren't into it this offseason. Heck! I have friends that tell me they just aren't into the Saints much these days. Post Brees/Payton definitely has something to do with that, but mostly many fans just don't seem to have a whole lot of optimism when it comes to the current regime.

The bandwagon element has all but disappeared, so what we have here now are the hard core, die-hard, offseason fans.

One thing that I have noticed is that while we have a lot of traffic, not nearly as many members are logging in and participating. Why? I have no clue.

However, if any of you lurkers have lost your passwords or are having issues with logging in, drop me an email at andrus @saintsreport.com "without the space", or use the "contact us" link in the footer. I found out recently that AT&T, BellSouth and a few other services have been blocking SR email, for some odd reason, which would keep members from getting their password reset emails . I put in requests for removal of such blocks but never heard back from any of them.

I've been around since the Iron Era days. I tend to check out after the season ends and come back just before the draft. There's not a lot for me to talk about when the season is over and it's a couple of month before the draft. I turn to my other passion at that time, the New York Mets

The draft is a week away and I'm not seeing hundreds of new posts on the Superforum. Is this normal or has traffic slowed as the excitement for our Saints have waned?

I'm an old timer, but mostly hang out on the EE board. Traffic on the Superforum used to be insane. :shrug:
Could be the effect of combining all mock drafts into a single thread.

• 1Like
Reactions: max
Basically, what everyone here has said is true.

The Saints are now boring.
Free agency for the Saints was boring.
The Saints have a lame duck head coach and Derek Carr.
The fan base has dropped with the losing.
The hardcore, Iron Era Saints fans are dwindling.
Everyone is expecting the Saints to not win more than eight games so no doubt the mentality is, why waste my time on this?

The Saints are in a Drew Brees/Sean Payton years long hangover. DA is still trying to propel or push the Sean Payton culture and it is failing as he is not Sean Payton and it is a different team. SP is gone and so is the culture that he had. It is hard to follow such a personality as Drew Brees and Sean Payton so in some respects, I feel bad for DA and Carr but with that said, they are not doing anything to help themselves. DA is not respected by the players, at all. I think that is going to come to a head very fast this year as well. The second they start losing, I think the proverbial wheels are going to fall off and fall off hard.

Long answer, I know but I just think that the Saints are just not fun and people know it.......

Screenshot 2024-04-18 154450.png

This says 2400 people on the SSF right now. I would say that there is plenty of traffic, but we have run out of things to talk about. It's kinda the calm before the storm. As soon as the draft starts rolling, you know there will plenty of threads complaining about the picks!
Ummm, that's for all of the forums, not just the Saints Super Forum.

Here's the current SSF:

Users who are viewing this thread​

Total: 40 (members: 23, guests: 17)

Since DA was made coach, and the team has aimed for mediocre instead of a Super Bowl, I would assume everyone is just feeling lackluster about who we are and what we can do.

We need to do something different in this draft to shake things up. Trade DOWN, and get more picks. That would show long term commitment to the franchise, instead of just trying to fly this old ship into a round 1 loss.

I bet the peak was somewhere around the no call and then it has been sliding ever since. Brees retiring, Payton leaving, Dennis Allen and the mediocre at best teams since just keep pushing new lows.

If we can fix our cap situation and start looking towards building a winner things will turn around. Looks like this season we at least quit kicking the can down the road. We still have a ton to address but in another season or two the team can at least be stable enough to try and build a championship team. This year's Saints team is the Fed's equivalent of a soft landing.

I’ve been mostly lurking this offseason, tied up between spring sports for kids and getting humbled by golf. Also, I’m still hitting the gym since starting after the Vikings game last year, thanks again to DA.

I still have a lot of interest in this upcoming season, and I’m looking forward to reading up on the players we ultimately select next weekend.

This would have been a good offseason to have the full SR mock draft. What happened to that good dude from Virginia who used to run it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom