Saints Superforum traffic (1 Viewer)

Bayouboy

Football Genius
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The draft is a week away and I'm not seeing hundreds of new posts on the Superforum. Is this normal or has traffic slowed as the excitement for our Saints have waned?

I'm an old timer, but mostly hang out on the EE board. Traffic on the Superforum used to be insane. :shrug:

Screenshot 2024-04-18 154450.png

This says 2400 people on the SSF right now. I would say that there is plenty of traffic, but we have run out of things to talk about. It's kinda the calm before the storm. As soon as the draft starts rolling, you know there will plenty of threads complaining about the picks!

I think people are in the “believe it when I see it” mode. Too many seasons of getting sold hype that didn’t manifest. QB is questionable. HC is questionable. New OC. OL hasn’t been good in a while. Most leveraged cap in the league for a perennial mediocre team. Et cetera

Maybe we just lost the uber posters. Back in the day, you wouldn't have 5 days of posts on the first page. I'm not complaining or stirring the pot.....just genuinely curious if traffic has dropped off significantly since our "heyday".
That's what happens when your team goes from a HOF QB and coach to Carr and DA.

Im sure KC Chiefs forum is driving significantly more traffic now than pre Mahomes.

Team interest is down, and I think we have just run out of things to talk about. Probably normal around this time, this lull between FA fun and the draft, but I can’t say I’ve ever analyzed it.

And that brings up another point…FA wasn’t as fun this year, so that’s also taken team/off-season interest down a few notches.

It’ll heat back up tenfold next week though.

The draft is a week away and I'm not seeing hundreds of new posts on the Superforum. Is this normal or has traffic slowed as the excitement for our Saints have waned?

I'm an old timer, but mostly hang out on the EE board. Traffic on the Superforum used to be insane. :shrug:
Used to be a lot more. I find some of the old posters on other boards

Team interest is down, and I think we have just run out of things to talk about. Probably normal around this time, this lull between FA fun and the draft, but I can’t say I’ve ever analyzed it.

And that brings up another point…FA wasn’t as fun this year, so that’s also taken team/off-season interest down a few notches.

It’ll heat back up tenfold next week though.
I think it’s only natural to have higher traffic during a run like Brees/Payton.
Judging by how much the Saints still dominate local radio/TV, interest isn’t down.
Just apathy.

Plus, it’s the middle of April.
Spring and getting ready for the summer.

It’s just slow right now because we’re talked out about possible first round picks.

We’ve basically discussed everyone in our range at this point.

We’re in a dead period till next week. Just not a ton of things to discuss right now.

As many have mentioned I am sure there has been some fan lose to the departures of Brees/Payton. Many people in my family had become super interested in watching the Saints when Brees was the QB, but have slowly lost interest over the years.

I would also expect there to be a natural drop off just due to the nature of how the younger Saints audience will interact with other fans online. Old school forums like SSF will slowly go the way of the dinosaur, as the younger age sticks to new forms of interaction. I have to imagine the median age of SSF users is somewhere in the 35-40 range.

I know a few younger Saints fans that prefer using Reddit to talk to football for example.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom