Saints Superforum traffic (1 Viewer)

I don't disagree with your point. Divisive politics and toxicity absolutely drove people away. I poorly articulated my point. I think their pot stirring resulted in more posts (traffic), primarily aimed at each other, not necessarily driving more people here, just giving the people here more to read.

I did find it entertaining though, but I acknowledge that it was toxic. Obviously, since you run the place, it would be a huge headache for you. I get why you removed the political discourse, but before it went off the rails, there was a lot of good discussions and spirited debates. I don't mind trolls and pot-stirrers as long as they know what lines not to cross and keep it all in good fun. But, obviously, we had an assortment of characters that tried to push every line that they could took things too far, and made things personal.
It’s a shame that politics got injected into sports. There was about ten years where the rest of media and culture got political and you could go to sports as a break from that. When ESPN went political, along with a few other things happening, that era ended, unfortunately.

I rarely login much less post in the spring. I mostly check out any new signings and some speculations on FAs. The stat is a crap shoot and I never look at mocks. A complete waste of time. I don’t watch the draft either. You can only listen to how every draft pick is a great pick or the dreaded “high energy” guy.

After the draft it’s fun to read how people think we killed the draft or the guys who needs to put on suicide watch have a complete meltdown.

——-

Likely to do with the draft picks we've had recently. I envision us picking some DE or OL that nobody had in the first round, that stuff wrecks it for fans. We've mostly just lost stars lately, not gained them.

I think this (Coach speak)... There is not nearly the drama here with the Saints that we have had during the past several offseasons and Free Agency has been a yawner for the most part. The draft isn't getting anyone real excited knowing we don't have a pick after our second rounder for like forever... well... until pick 150. The Saints have painted themselves into a corner cap-wise and have made it clear that they want to stop kicking the can down the road (I agree with that). I have had people tell me that they just aren't into it this offseason. Heck! I have friends that tell me they just aren't into the Saints much these days. Post Brees/Payton definitely has something to do with that, but mostly many fans just don't seem to have a whole lot of optimism when it comes to the current regime.

The bandwagon element has all but disappeared, so what we have here now are the hard core, die-hard, offseason fans.

One thing that I have noticed is that while we have a lot of traffic, not nearly as many members are logging in and participating. Why? I have no clue.

However, if any of you lurkers have lost your passwords or are having issues with logging in, drop me an email at andrus @saintsreport.com "without the space", or use the "contact us" link in the footer. I found out recently that AT&T, BellSouth and a few other services have been blocking SR email, for some odd reason, which would keep members from getting their password reset emails . I put in requests for removal of such blocks but never heard back from any of them.
Thank you Andrus for all the hard work you do. I enjoy coming on this site every day!

It’s a shame that politics got injected into sports. There was about ten years where the rest of media and culture got political and you could go to sports as a break from that. When ESPN went political, along with a few other things happening, that era ended, unfortunately.
I couldn't tell you the last time I watched SportsCenter. That used to be a daily ritual until about nine or 10 years ago when they started to get super sociopolitical.

I think you are putting the cart before the horse a bit there. ESPN became political because politics jumped into sports with partisan political reactions to Kaepernick and the constant refrains of "stick to sports" to any athlete that expressed an opinion that the rest of us feel free to do. ESPN and the rest of the sports world was forced to report what was going on and that dragged them into the world of partisan politics.

I bet the peak was somewhere around the no call and then it has been sliding ever since. Brees retiring, Payton leaving, Dennis Allen and the mediocre at best teams since just keep pushing new lows.
Truth. It has just been bad news after bad news since the No Call. I used to be not only a diehard Saints fan from 86, but an avid fan of the entire league. After Bounty Gate and the No Call, I couldn't consider this league legitimate. I stopped spending any money on NFL-related events and eventually only watched the Saints games.
Roger Goodell and his cretins make it really hard for the football purists, everything is just a giant marketing scheme of fakeness. It's sad.

There is literally nothing to talk about with this team. I remember back in the day Brees would be doing something really cool or meeting up with other members of the team. Our current team is a bunch of JAGS.

Personally, I just can't take mock after mock after mock. But Imma here on draft day hitting refresh and refresh and refresh.
And yesterday, I clearly wasn't. But we don't get super busy till the later rounds anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom