Saints draft Taliese Fuaga How do you like the pick? (2 Viewers)

Taliese Fuaga: How do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 281 49.0%
  • Like it

Votes: 192 33.5%
  • Meh

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Hate it

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 37 6.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Mike Martz did a nice evaluation of Alt and showed why he has a lot to work on in the NFL. By comparison Latham and Fuaga are more polished and ready. Alt lacks the anchor but he has the size. This is similar to Penning’s struggles. The ability to bend and anchor due to height and being able to get by on talent prior to the NFL.

but he really needs to take 'yeah, look' out of his vocabulary.
Eh. Stuff like that happen when you spend a lot of time around someone. Especially when that someone was successful.

It's kind of like a backup vocalist for a band. The long that backup vocalist spends with the singer, the more they start to sound like them over time.

A lot of people like throwing around this BPA... but what good does it do to select a player that can't help you win games if you have such a large deficiency at a critical position?

Also this BPA is nothing more that someone opinion of a college player who has never played a single down in the NFL...
If we could have selected Mahommes, where would we be right now?

Eh. Stuff like that happen when you spend a lot of time around someone. Especially when that someone was successful.

It's kind of like a backup vocalist for a band. The long that backup vocalist spends with the singer, the more they start to sound like them over time.
Yeah, look, You're probably right 😅

Different situation due to Drew Brees's age, so there was also a need to develop a young QB.

I don't disagree with BPA but you also need to look at team needs.
That's what I was eluding to, we needed his heir apparent, sooner than we thought.

If we could have selected Mahommes, where would we be right now?

Sitting on at least another ring, with Sean Payton still manning the sidelines. Brees probably leaves a year or two sooner also.

Something also tells me that Michael Thomas would be healthy and piling up HOF credentials.

It's interesting to speculate

How does Brees react to bringing Mahomes in? A mentor or standoffish?

Does Brees retire a year or two earlier or play somewhere else for a year or two?

How do we react here letting Brees go for an untested Mahomes?

How does Mahomes react to that? No offense but replacing Drew Brees is not like replacing Alex Smith

Sitting on at least another ring, with Sean Payton still manning the sidelines. Brees probably leaves a year or two sooner also.

Something also tells me that Michael Thomas would be healthy and piling up HOF credentials.
It's nice to fantasize sometimes...................

I’m not telling you that, Nick Underhill is.

Again, I wanted Bowers, but you, me, nor anyone else right now knows if the Saints pegged Bowers as “our guy”
Personally, I can’t see the team passing on a blue chip OT for a tight end. I like the TE, we have a need TE but they’re both top players and we have a MUCH GREATER need for a tackle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom