Saints draft Taliese Fuaga How do you like the pick? (4 Viewers)

Taliese Fuaga: How do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 281 49.0%
  • Like it

Votes: 192 33.5%
  • Meh

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Hate it

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 37 6.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Dude the laughing was because you were on a roll and I love it when you get on a roll. And I loved your description of guys getting on planes.

As for the pick, I do think it's possible that they would have taken Fuaga over Bowers. Fuaga is very good value at 14. Would Bowers be better value? Maybe, but I don't know what grades the Saints had on the two players.
Will know in four years time when someone will talk about their draft preferences after both players are done with their rookie deals

For those who hate the pick of an OT last night:

How many times did our quarterback get injured last year due to a pass rusher smashing into him?

How many times did Alvin Kamara turn the corner and go for 20+ yards last year?

How many times did we fail to convert a short yardage 3rd down last year?

TBH, I wanted Bowers, but this is a great pick to fill a position of need.
If a team skips a highly rated, badly needed OL and drafts a skill position, he better be a REAL game changer.

I think Bowers can be a game changer, but only for the right team. Fuaga can make almost any team better.

Fuaga at Oregon State played RT in a lot of outside zone schemes & this is what Klint Kubiak is going incorporate in the Saints Offense, so it safe to say this is a player the Saints had targeted from the very beginning. I am pretty sure the Saints coaches is not going move him to LT where he does not have much experience even though Trever Penning has not panned out yet at LT. I do not see Ram coming back, & I am pretty sure he will take over the RT spot. Pretty sure they going figure out the LT spot after the draft is over.

We needed it, but man I think we may regret passing on Dallas Turner later.

Yup, I like the pick, from a needs perspective it's a A.....but I can't stop thinking that the best defender in the draft was still out there at 14.....

Now drop back a few in the 2nd round, pick up a 3rd or 4th round pick then draft Patrick Paul or Suamataia in the 2nd. I'm all about a rebuild of our Oline!!!

For those who hate the pick of an OT last night:

How many times did our quarterback get injured last year due to a pass rusher smashing into him?

How many times did Alvin Kamara turn the corner and go for 20+ yards last year?

How many times did we fail to convert a short yardage 3rd down last year?
Yeah, both tackle spots were a weak point last year. People don't seem to want to admit it, but Ram was middling to poor for most of the season. I knew things were headed in a bad direction when, against the Packers, they were rolling the eligible tackle to Ram's side and Carr was still getting murdered by edge rushers coming from that side. It was obvious that he was dealing with a serious injury at that point.

That said, we need to pick up a true guard and then re-sign Peat, as guys with his versatility along the line are hard to come by.

Yup, I like the pick, from a needs perspective it's a A.....but I can't stop thinking that the best defender in the draft was still out there at 14.....

Yeah, Turner was tempting to me, but I'm not sure he can hold up at that size in the NFL or if he can keep his quickness if he adds more weight. And despite DA saying they are willing to try lighter DEs, I think Turner would be a situational pass rusher for this team. He's too small to play DE on every down for a 4-2-5/4-3 team. Latu would have been very tempting if not for the knee issues. But, in the end Fuaga was, I think, a good and safe pick. He was good value at a position where we had a major need. Was there better value available? Maybe but we won't really know for 3 or 4 years.

Yeah, Turner was tempting to me, but I'm not sure he can hold up at that size in the NFL or if he can keep his quickness if he adds more weight. And despite DA saying they are willing to try lighter DEs, I think Turner would be a situational pass rusher for this team. He's too small to play DE on every down for a 4-2-5/4-3 team. Latu would have been very tempting if not for the knee issues. But, in the end Fuaga was, I think, a good and safe pick. He was good value at 14. Was there better value available? Maybe but we won't really know for 3 or 4 years.

Agreed....

Yeah, both tackle spots were a weak point last year. People don't seem to want to admit it, but Ram was middling to poor for most of the season. I knew things were headed in a bad direction when, against the Packers, they were rolling the eligible tackle to Ram's side and Carr was still getting murdered by edge rushers coming from that side. It was obvious that he was dealing with a serious injury at that point.

That said, we need to pick up a true guard and then re-sign Peat, as guys with his versatility along the line are hard to come by.

I really do hope they bring back Peat or another similar average vet LT. I don't want to go all in on Penning starting at LT. I think he might have a shot, but it's too much to gamble on. And, I'd like to see them draft a Guard and pick up a vet in free agency.

Dennis Allen is sounding more and more like a head coach IMO, but he really needs to take 'yeah, look' out of his vocabulary.

Fuaga at Oregon State played RT in a lot of outside zone schemes & this is what Klint Kubiak is going incorporate in the Saints Offense, so it safe to say this is a player the Saints had targeted from the very beginning. I am pretty sure the Saints coaches is not going move him to LT where he does not have much experience even though Trever Penning has not panned out yet at LT. I do not see Ram coming back, & I am pretty sure he will take over the RT spot. Pretty sure they going figure out the LT spot after the draft is over.
Yeah, look for a lot of reverses to Rasheed. I believe Kubiak wants to do the same thing he did in SF
with Deebo Samuels. To do that your need an OT who can stop the initial rush and then get upfield.
The Niners had a great one with Trent Williams.

Dennis Allen is sounding more and more like a head coach IMO, but he really needs to take 'yeah, look' out of his vocabulary.

I can’t get passed the fact that Dennis bought a new sport coat and didn’t remove the label from the sleeve. Is he going to return it after the draft? Does he not know to remove it? Did his Mom dress him? I think this is a very Dennis Allen thing to do. I wish someone would have asked him about this during the press conference. SMDH.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom