Saints @ Atlanta Gameday Thread (3 Viewers)

He's done his job gave/given the Saints the talent and players they wanted. It's up to coaches and players to produce on the field. The guy isn't running out there every Sunday with a helmet. Players asks to be paid and expanded gotta produce. Coaches & OCs gotta be better
Don't know why my comment has gotten such flack. One person has already explained how Loomis came from the finance side. If Loomis was now properly supplying the team with good players and coaches, we would be winning. The point is that the organization does not have a football guru in charge to more quickly turn team around. Gayle has not hired a true General Manager, as they once existed. That's the point. If people aren't happy with the players and coaches, who else other than the owner or general manager are responsible?

Last edited:
Don't know why my comment has gotten such flack. One person has already explained how Loomis came from the finance side. If Loomis was now properly supplying the team with good players and coaches, we would be winning. The point is that the organization does not have a football guru in charge to more quickly turn team around. Gayle has not hired a true General Manager, as they once existed. That's the point. If people aren't happy with the players and coaches, who else other than the owner or general manager are responsible?
Yea.. but SP and Drew wasn't who they are now when they first got there in 06. He allowed and help sp bring in talent as far as scouts and players. Signed FA now after all that success your saying he doesn't know anything or what he's doing. Stop it. It's the Head coach and OC. The talent is there so he's doing his job

Yea.. but SP and Drew wasn't who they are now when they first got there in 06. He allowed and help sp bring in talent as far as scouts and players. Signed FA now after all that success your saying he doesn't know anything or what he's doing. Stop it. It's the Head coach and OC. The talent is there so he's doing his job
Allowing and helping SP bring in talent is exactly what I meant in saying he rode his coattails. Loomis is an OK money manager. I never said he wasn't. He just doesn't have any background in talent evaluation. The Saints do not have a true "general manager," just someone who will largely defer to his coach. That worked with SP, for the most part. Since then, his big decision was to elevate SP's #2 to head coach and to just try to run the organization like it was with SP, but without SP. Then, they decided the answer to last year's problems would be Derek Carr.

Allowing and helping SP bring in talent is exactly what I meant in saying he rode his coattails. Loomis is an OK money manager. I never said he wasn't. He just doesn't have any background in talent evaluation. The Saints do not have a true "general manager," just someone who will largely defer to his coach. That worked with SP, for the most part. Since then, his big decision was to elevate SP's #2 to head coach and to just try to run the organization like it was with SP, but without SP. Then, they decided the answer to last year's problems would be Derek Carr.
Listen it wasn't all sp because he's picked and signed duds so both share credit in the success and the failure of the saints. So u can't dump on Loomis now that things aren't working out the way fans expected. he's kept defensive talent with a supposedly top 10 defense and offensive talent he's help draft and sign udfa or fa after sp. Some fans wanted to win the Carr sweepstakes during the offseason you got your QB. Added players the HC and QB wanted, yall got fan favorite back jimmy Graham and Home towns own Tyrann Mathieu. Extended Cam Jordan for 2 more yrs he's rewarded the team with 2 sacks and a bunch of talking during interviews. What more do you want Loomis to do he's done everything asked of him to put the Saints in a position to compete and win. it's their job to show up and produce. 2023 weak schedule mind you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom