Does anyone have a sense of the “work” Derek Carr puts in? (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For years we saw film of Drew Brees, forever working on his craft. On the field hours before the game, going through his motions, preparing his mind and body for the game. We heard stories of Drew being at the facility on bye weeks, literally playing a game in his mind on the practice field so that his muscle memory didn’t get time off.

I’m not trying to compare Carr to Brees, I’m just curious if we ever hear of or see anything like this from Carr. He doesn’t seem to me to have that same drive (and maybe very few do) but I admit I really don’t know - I’m sure he has some kind of regimen, but does anybody know?

Earlier this season Pat Kirwan said that Carr likes to make a big show of being the most prepared player on offense, but the reality is something different. Kirwan rarely makes those kinds of comments, so I would say his preparation is probably lacking.

It was after the Jags game, Kirwan basically called out Carr for trying to make it seem like the offense was struggling because everyone else was unprepared. We learned later that Kirwan was right on that one.

Without any inside info…the constant issues of “not being on the same page” is usually because of a lack of time on task.

If it were just one WR, we could at least leave open the idea that it’s the WR not putting in the necessary extra work.

But…it’s not.

Peoples hopes for Carr (mine included) were something he could never live up to. He's just not a top tier QB. I think we can win with him with proper coaching but Carr combined with subpar coaching is a perfect storm of failure.

Earlier this season Pat Kirwan said that Carr likes to make a big show of being the most prepared player on offense, but the reality is something different. Kirwan rarely makes those kinds of comments, so I would say his preparation is probably lacking.

It was after the Jags game, Kirwan basically called out Carr for trying to make it seem like the offense was struggling because everyone else was unprepared. We learned later that Kirwan was right on that one.

Yeah PK is usually pretty on point with stuff like that.

Can you elaborate?
Just my speculation, but one thing that all coaches have raved about is Jameis’ work ethic. Even DA has commented on it in the past. The problem with Jameis is his in game decision making that’ll never get fixed.

I haven’t heard a thing about Carr’s work ethic from anyone. Not saying that he doesn’t put in work, but it doesn’t seem that it’s over the top that people take the time to mention it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom