Saints @ Atlanta Gameday Thread (1 Viewer)

I'm not even going to blame Grupe on that last one. DA's indecisiveness on whether to kick the FG or go for it had him running out there at 10 seconds and trying to settle himself at the last moment. Sure, a sign of a good kicker is making those moments, I'm not suggesting otherwise. But it's the bigger picture of it all that bothers me. There is no forethought, no strong decisions, etc.

Loomis's success came from riding the coattails of Payton and Brees. He made one lucky hire. He has no real football iq, as his background was to do with finances. Gayle's success is from inheriting and marrying. She was not a self made millionaire before not being a self made billionaire. So, I think the point being made is that there isn't much optimism for smart and necessary quick changes to start turning the direction of this team around. This season is proof that they didn't what was coming.
None of this is true.

Fumble going inside their 10 is up there too, but you hate Carr so disregard that one
Not disregarding one for the other, but the Taysom fumble didn't put 6 on the scoreboard in favor of Atlanta; the Atlanta defender made a play, whereas Carr gifted a ball to a defender, who was in front of him.

Bye week. Coaches had a lot of time to evaluate their team. Did it lool like they made any changes? I didn’t see anything different.
Offense still runs into an 8& 9 man box on 1st and 2nd. Throw a check down on 3rd and long.
Defense allows long drives when they need a stop. Never seal the edge, give up long QB runs and still can’t cover TEs. DA wanted consistency, well he has it

None of this is true.
Actually some of it is a little true. Tom Benson trusted Loomis and promoted him from capologist to GM when Mueller was abruptly fired.

So Loomis doesn’t have a Xs and Os football background. He’s always been a money guy and not necessarily a traditional GM.

Now the comments about Gayle is odd to me. There are tons of owners who have no background in football or running a team. That’s why the GM is so critical.

If Dennis Allen had an ounce of decency, he’d call a new conference and resign before the Detroit game. He knows that he’s a loser and he needs to let us get back to winning by walking away. He’s taking the team & the entire city down with him.

Not disregarding one for the other, but the Taysom fumble didn't put 6 on the scoreboard in favor of Atlanta; the Atlanta defender made a play, whereas Carr gifted a ball to a defender, who was in front of him.
One happened in the first quarter where we had time to recover, which we did

One didn’t

Both were bad

Call a spade a spade

The only positive of the game would have been increasing our kickers confidence only to be wrecked by a last minute rush at a meaningless kick in reality, that he can think of as having blown it again at the end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom