Panthers Sign Jadeveon Clowney (1 Viewer)

He's better than what we have now.
He’s better than our depth Turner and Foskey, and Cam at 35. Wouldn’t take Clowney over Granderson and Young just because of age. Clowney’s ceiling at this point of his career is Granderson and Young’s floor. They still haven’t seen their best rusher years.

2 years/20M isn’t a good deal for a 31 year old. If he doesn’t produce a 7-9+ sack season, it ends up being bad contract on their cap. He was really smart to secure that 2nd year of the deal for his future. I think he’ll have a productive season but multi year big $ can be risky for a older player.

He’s better than our depth Turner and Foskey, and Cam at 35. Wouldn’t take Clowney over Granderson and Young just because of age. Clowney’s ceiling at this point of his career is Granderson and Young’s floor. They still haven’t seen their best rusher years.

2 years/20M isn’t a good deal for a 31 year old. If he doesn’t produce a 7-9+ sack season, it ends up being bad contract on their cap. He was really smart to secure that 2nd year of the deal for his future. I think he’ll have a productive season but multi year big $ can be risky for a older player.
Agree. However, curious to see how much of that is guaranteed.

10-12M a year for 9.5 sacks? Yeah that's not even close to an overpay my dudes. Not even close.

10-12M a year for 9.5 sacks? Yeah that's not even close to an overpay my dudes. Not even close.
But he’s not gonna get 9.5 sacks for the panthers.

If I’m wrong and he does, then your right, it’s not an overpay, but he will be double teamed ever play inn Carolina. He never saw a double team In Baltimore.

Last edited:

If I’m wrong and he dies, then your right, it’s not an overpay, but he will be double teamed ever play inn Carolina. He never saw a double team In Baltimore.
If he's getting double teamed he's worth $12M.

If I’m wrong and he dies, then your right, it’s not an overpay, but he will be double teamed ever play inn Carolina. He never saw a double team In Baltimore.
1711595475819.gif

I’m going to go out on a limb and says that if he dies, then that’s a terrible contract for the Panthers

My gosh, the Panthers are insane.
Don’t they realize there is a reason why teams don’t resign him.

The NFL is turning into the NBA with these contracts. It’s amazing how much money above average player can make now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom