Panthers Sign Jadeveon Clowney (1 Viewer)

Dude played in 15 regular season games with 9.5 sacks last year and 2 playoffs games with another sack. He was a hell of a lot more productive than we fielded at DE.
Well, I think the Ravens defense is pretty good so yeah, the sun will shine on a dog's arse every now and then.

Man that's a hellova overpay. I feel like his production increase last season in Baltimore was more to do with scheme and strong players around him then he suddenly got a lot better at football at 30.

Panthers switched to a 3-4, which is very different than the Ravens hybrid Defense.

It will be interesting to if they play him at DE or at OLB rushing from a standing position.

Nah, he graded out as a top 12 edge guy last year.
Last year was his best production since 2017.

Last year he played in a hybrid system that allowed him to move around and line up in various spots to create mismatches and/or get lost. He lines up beside Roquan Smith and Patrick Queen or with them behind him, and beside or behind Madubuke.

There are 4 probowlers on the Ravens defense, and none of them are Clowney.

Clowney NEVER saw a double team in Baltimore, while Derrick Brown is a pretty solid starter at DT, no one else on that defense is worth mentioning. Clowney will be double teamed every play, and I doubt he gets 5 sacks this season.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom