Saints entire staff are at LSU Pro Day (1 Viewer)

SonOfNOLA

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone’s there but Jeff Ireland who’s probably on other scouting trips.

It’s interesting that the Saints top staff made sure to come out to get a look at LSU’s top prospects who won’t be in our range, except maybe WR Brian Thomas Jr. DL Maason Smith and Mekhi Wingo are good Day 2 prospects.

Everyone’s there but Jeff Ireland who’s probably on other scouting trips.

It’s interesting that the Saints top staff made sure to come out to get a look at LSU’s top prospects who won’t be in our range, except maybe WR Brian Thomas Jr. DL Maason Smith and Mekhi Wingo are good Day 2 prospects.

Malik Nabers is this draft's top WR.

Last edited:
Malik Nabers is this draft top WR.
If we were in better pick range around #6-#8, I would be hoping we could move up for Nabers.

Brian Thomas Jr. could be a very nice pick at 14 though. He fits our WR profile. 4.3 speed, 6’4/205 lb size, YAC ability, great separation and cuts well to throw off DBs during routes. He can thrive in intermediate and deep area.

Olave, BTJ, Sheed and AT would be a great top 4.

If we were in better pick range around #6-#8, I would be hoping we could move up for Nabers.

Brian Thomas Jr. could be a very nice pick at 14 though. He fits our WR profile. 4.3 speed, 6’4/205 lb size, YAC ability, great separation and cuts well to throw off DBs during routes. He can thrive in intermediate and deep area.

At this point I find it hard to really think about prospects at #14 that aren't OTs. I like the BPA approach and would really like to have BTJ, Bowers, or a DE that falls, but I'm not sure it's possible unless they find at least one starter at OT before the draft.

Not to argue but Marvin Harrison is a game changing WR also. I think Harrison may go first in the draft because of his height of 6'4. I don't think you could go wrong with choosing any of these players. Both will have an immediate impact

Oh, he is and I won't argue against it, but I'm drafting Nabers all day every day over Harrison.

Its the one pro day you should see a lot of Saints representing, its in their backyard.
They didn’t show up like this for Tulane’s Pro Day the other day. Tulane’s was at the Saints’ facility on Airline right inside their office. Maybe had some scouts there but Loomis, Harley, Allen, and top assistant coaches weren’t present. All of Tulane’s prospects are in our reach for later picks.

We’ve usually had just Marcus Robertson, Joe Woods and Michael Hodges running the position drills at LSU pro day. Rather than our top execs and HC being there together looking at 2-3 prospects who are top 5-13 projections before our pick.

I think the value of an OT at #14 + Keon Coleman/Xavier Legette/Troy Franklin/Ricky Pearsall/Ladd McConkey at #45 would be greater than BTJ at #14 + whatever OT we could get at #45

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom