Official "Hypothetically...Would Y'all Make This Trade?" Thread (1 Viewer)

@Infoman and @Dago was the bulk of the excitement today 😅. I was waiting for chairs to fly in here.
We good. Dago is a good poster. I’m not gonna agree with him on this topic and that’s fine. I respect his opinion. I don’t respond to posters that just want to argue for the sake of argument. He’s not that. So it’s all good.

The only interest I had in a trade scenario was getting a backup big. That didn't happen, so I am not overly disappointed.

I am a bit too invested in the team that we have in place, I guess. I can't think of any player in the rotation (when all are healthy) that I would care to see traded away at this point.

We good. Dago is a good poster. I’m not gonna agree with him on this topic and that’s fine. I respect his opinion. I don’t respond to posters that just want to argue for the sake of argument. He’s not that. So it’s all good
Yup. It was a good discussion. We both made good points which means it's a close call

And I am not going to answer, because it's not answerable... Nothing is guaranteed... There is no magic number I am looking for. I am looking for fit, adding to what can be a championship run... and 5 guys that can mesh, run, switch, and shoot... You're too focused on 1 player. You like him, I get it.... We are not going to agree Dago. I think he can be moved to get us better, and I think his all world defensive mins are mostly covered by DD already. It's a weighted decision... not a direct correlation.

It's also a moot point / discussion... because this team doesn't have the balls to make such a move. LOL
I’m not sure it’s not having the balls in this instance. I think it is the team simply not thinking it is a good trade if they have to include Herb (which I agree with).

It sounds like we simply have different opinions on Herb and his value so I don’t really want to argue about that.

I’m open to trading Herb for the right player/deal. I just don’t think Murray is that guy. I feel like adding Herb to the deal would be overpaying rather than a push your chips to the middle of the table move.

I’m not sure it’s not having the balls in this instance. I think it is the team simply not thinking it is a good trade if they have to include Herb (which I agree with).

It sounds like we simply have different opinions on Herb and his value so I don’t really want to argue about that.

I’m open to trading Herb for the right player/deal. I just don’t think Murray is that guy. I feel like adding Herb to the deal would be overpaying rather than a push your chips to the middle of the table move.
Its a bad overpay. ATL prioritize are kind of wack to trade for a win now player when they really need to gut their roster and rebuild. Dyson makes a ton of sense for them.

You can't make a trade for work when both teams are Win-Now. Especially, when one of those franchise is desperate and losing.

Like what ATL should build around Young is defensive SG, Power Wing, and Spacer 5.

If they get Herb. They just gonna expose his flaws in a offensive role that doesn't makes sense for him.

Jonas and Dyson is a really good trade to build around Young. Cost control and flexibility

So, it boggles my mind why they wouldn't want it with cap flexibility. Instead they go for the square peg in a round hole asset in Herb Jones. Just dumb.

OynzNXTguubPajAAtaS1-qFYNsRfzxqCs_NIgt-FfpI.jpg

Lesson.... You better win 60% of your games going forward.... Or you might be out by the end of the year.

OynzNXTguubPajAAtaS1-qFYNsRfzxqCs_NIgt-FfpI.jpg

Lesson.... You better win 60% of your games going forward.... Or you might be out by the end of the year.
After a brutal schedule in January, it's good to see they have taken care of business thus far during an easier stretch. Assuming we beat the Wizards tomorrow night, that would be 7 wins in 8 games during that stretch.

Other than 2 games against the Pacers, the following 10 games aren't against the cream of the crop (we also have the 76ers in there but Embiid will still be out) so we definitely need to win at least 7 of those to try to gain some ground on the teams in front of us and put some space between us and the teams behind us.

Unlike us, the teams that we are competing with for a playoff spot in the West have games against each other during that stretch so we really need to take advantage here

The Bucks are a good example of what I am talking about.
They traded away one of the best defenders in the league in Jrue Holiday and brought in one of the best scorers in Lillard.
Their scoring went up but what people didn't realize is that an elite defender like Jrue (or Herb) makes the whole team play harder on defense. There are only so many possessions in a game....you run into the Law of Diminishing returns.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom