Official "Hypothetically...Would Y'all Make This Trade?" Thread (1 Viewer)

NewOrleansBoy

Clemson Football Walk-On
Reaction score
Herb, Dyson, Naji, and Larry + 3 1sts

for

Trae Young?

~~

Trae, CJ, BI, Zion, and JV would be an insane lineup

~~

Pretty much, we are trading defense for offense.

Feels like too much defense and ATL probably wouldn't want that.

Not just no...
Do you think the current roster is a championship team?...I am curious.

I do not see how considering there's not enough offensive power.

(Yes, I get it, we are blowing out the nets.)

No I don't.
I do think the Pels could use a selfish player, I just don't think Trae is the fit we need.

edit all talent no heart is Trae to me.

Since mid November we are averaging 120 ppg

How much more offense do we need?

Additionally Borrego's offensive scheme is looking to move the ball a lot and Trae Young doesn't fit into that. We're 16-8 since we started 4-6 and these guys haven't even played together that much. I wouldn't do anything to mess with the chemistry that we are establishing...the way our players interact with each other shows a strong, loyal locker room. This team is building trust and learning to play together and has a lot of upside. I am against making a move at this time.

Additionally Borrego's offensive scheme is looking to move the ball a lot and Trae Young doesn't fit into that. We're 16-8 since we started 4-6 and these guys haven't even played together that much. I wouldn't do anything to mess with the chemistry that we are establishing...the way our players interact with each other shows a strong, loyal locker room. This team is building trust and learning to play together and has a lot of upside. I am against making a move at this time.
I agree in principle, but I do think you need Z, BI, or CJ to start to take a finisher role. Anyone, please.

Herb, Dyson, Naji, and Larry + 3 1sts

for

Trae Young?

~~

Trae, CJ, BI, Zion, and JV would be an insane lineup

~~

Pretty much, we are trading defense for offense.
4 things:
1. We don't trade Herb. Period. He is (very) quickly becoming a solid 2-way player. His defense is actually improving (!) and his offense is live and improving game-by-game. Trade this young man and we'll be very sorry in a year or two.

2. Dyson, Naji, and Larry are all core to our bench. We need (and have) a solid bench almost as much as we need our starting 5.

3. Trae is an excellent player but not good enough to give our team away for him nor does he fit the way our team plays.

4. All about the $$$. We need those 3 1s to continue to build our team. They mean a lot $$$ wise because we will lose some of our players as they earn those bigger salaries. Trae will just exacerbate that situation.

Nope. Just a bad move.

We have plenty of offensive power. The issue is minimizing the offense from becoming stagnant at times and that doesn't necessarily mean the players you have. This typically happens when ISO becomes dominant and the ball isn't moving around. It's so bizarre because when this happens, our defense typically falls apart at the same time.

If we make a crazy trade it needs to be for LM of Utah. Not Young.
Better choice but I would be hesitant to mess with what we have here right now

Since the in-season tournament they are now 6th in offense and 2nd in defense. The main starting 5 have only had 16 games to work things out and looks like they are getting there. Haste makes waste.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom