Kool Aid McKinstry: How do you like the pick? (5 Viewers)

The New Orleans Saints draft Kool Aid: How do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 218 43.7%
  • Like it

Votes: 164 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 61 12.2%
  • Hate it

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 35 7.0%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 14 2.8%

• Total voters
Great value pick.

I would think this isn’t good news for Lattimore or Adebo.

Adebo contract is up after this year, what if he wants a payday?

Dumb. Saints move up to draft a position they don’t really need and lose picks in the process. Par for the course with this staff.

Reach for a RT in the top half of the 1st, then trade up for a CB when you have Latt, Adebo, and Taylor in the slot.
Adebo though, in his contract year. Taylor, very inconsistent, we really don't know what we have. Latt, well, you've heard the buzz, might not even be here next season.

This also allows howden to stay at safety instead of having to play slot

Someone may be getting traded, we are stacked at the position now with Lattimore, Adebo, Taylor and now McKinstry, someone maybe on the move.
Opponents will be afraid to pass on us, so we better get a run stuffer.

Thoughts: salary cap says the Saints do not see a plan that keeps Lattimore's cap number. The shocking thing to me is the top safety in the draft was still on the board and a much more logical pick to curb the age of Tyrann Mathieu. Now we have four good corners as again the deepest spot on the team after trading for and then letting go of Bradley Roby. The Saints future in these first two draft picks say goodbye to Ram and Marshon's big cap numbers to transition this team to a reboot. It has to happen. In a way it is sobering. This team needs to keep its young stars. Two of those stars are Adebo and Alontae Taylor. If there is one spot on the roster I trust Dennis Allen the most it is in the secondary. I imagine the Saints had a decent first round grade on Kool Aid given the trade up. The corner from Iowa went right before them and a corner went right after. That indicates the Saints brass was on top of the run and the trade up was smart if this was their target. Seems like a bit of a luxury at our best roster spot but given the offensive run in the first round this is where max value was at this spot in the draft. I just hope we have a plan for the rest of the offensive line and safety.

No worries, those were free picks anyway. We were never going to keep them. A day 1 starter is worth 2 5ths all day long.
But but but... draft capital.... but but....My board says we could have got him 2 picks later

Great post... You see someone you like go get him... the 2 5ths most likely would not have made the team

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom