Grade the 2024 Saints Draft Class (2 Viewers)

Grade the Saints 2024 Draft Class

• A+

Votes: 22 12.9%
  • A

Votes: 46 27.1%
  • A-

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • B+

Votes: 28 16.5%
  • B

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • B-

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • C+

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • C

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • C-

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • D+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• D-

• F

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
They say that you can’t grade a draft class for at least 2 - 3 years, but let’s be rebels and do it anyway (plus we can revisit this thread in 2-3 years and see how close to the mark we were).

Rd. 1 Pick 14
Taliese Fuaga - OT - Oregon State

Rd. 2 Pick 9
Kool-Aid McKinstry - CB - Alabama
Rd. 5 Pick 15
Spencer Rattler - QB - South Carolina

Rd. 5 Pick Pick 31
Bub Means - WR - Pittsburgh

Rd. 5 Pick 40
Jaylen Ford - LB - Texas

Rd. 6 Pick 23
Khristian Boyd - DT - University of Northern Iowa

Rd. 7 Pick 19
Josiah Ezirim - OT - Eastern Kentucky

IMG_7355.jpeg

Every player reminds you of a player currently on the roster.

We did a good job targeting skillets.

B.

I thought they needed to come away from this draft with a bonafide blue chip physical playmaker on offense. Either a TE or WR in the first 2 rounds. They didn’t. After my mental meltdown of watching Bowers going one pick ahead of us…. I was able to drink enough to drown my disappointment…. And realized that I don’t hate any of our picks. If we had come away with that offensive playmaker…. I’d be an A. Maybe Means is that guy…. So stay tuned. I may completely change my mind again, or end up with a Brock Bowers dart board.

Last edited:
I went with B+ thinking that was pretty positive, but ended up in the bottom half.

I loved the first two picks and the last two picks. Rattler might be fine, but he's not playing this year, so.... The other two 5ths I don't love considering who else was available and team needs.

A-

They could have done more to address the offensive line including taking JPJ in the second instead of Kool Aid. Cornerbacks are expensive so it’s understandable.

They also could have taken Christian Jones OT in the fifth.

If Rattler pans out, this draft is one of the best in Saints history.

If the 7th round tackle becomes a plus starter and Bub Means is a contributor then it could rival 2017.

We didn’t give up any future picks, that in itself is worthy of an A
This. I can’t grade a draft class until they’ve played but there seemed to be a realisation that we don’t have a franchise QB and that future capital is important. If next season goes wrong we’ll be in position to take a QB early and that’s the main thing.

This is my grade.

1 - Taliese Fuaga - He's a great pick. He'll be a several year starter at either LT or RT.

2 - Kool-Aid McKinstry - He's a very good CB, but who is he replacing? We need to sign Adebo to a long term contract. This is a wait and see pick. Fingers crossed. People talk about his speed, but he ran a 4.47 while still injured. He could be an excellent nickel. Again, wait and see.

5 - Spencer Rattler - He's a solid player, but we drafted a QB in the 4th last year and could've given the same 5th rd pick for Mac Jones or Kenny Pickett or Justin Fields (take your pick) to have a possible future starter. We needed players - not a 4th string QB who will never play for us. A wasted pick.

5 - Bub Means - He's a very good deep threat with a big body and is a solid blocker, but he's not quick in his cuts and there were better options available. Brenden Rice or Cornelius Johnson for example. I like him as a blocker and a deep threat, but he needs a lot of polish and he'll still lack short area quickness.

5 - Jaylan Ford - I liked this kid as a good college player, but he's a back-up at best in the NFL. He lacks suddeness and quickness. He does have good instincts, but lacks good athletic traits.

6 Khristian Boyd - He is talented and stout but is extremely - extremely raw. He must learn to use his arms more - play over his base - not let blockers into his body - etc. He needs to redshirt for a year or two.

7 - Josiah Ezirim - He's probably my 2nd favorite pick in the class. He's very raw, but he is very, very talented. I just finished watching the EKU vs Kentucky game, and he shut Kentucky rushers down. He's a tenacious and powerful run-blocker too. He gets too tall at times and needs to work on findamentals - taking better steps, but he might be a serious 7th rd steal and is very athletic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom