Kool Aid McKinstry: How do you like the pick? (3 Viewers)

The New Orleans Saints draft Kool Aid: How do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 218 43.7%
  • Like it

Votes: 164 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 61 12.2%
  • Hate it

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 35 7.0%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 14 2.8%

• Total voters
He's 35. Father time is undefeated. The saying is always better to be a year early than a year too late.
Cooper or Payton Wilson would’ve been great picks. But with Werner & Gay already projected as LB2-LB3, LB wasn’t an urgent pick for the 2nd round. Too high to redshirt or not use much while depth was needed elsewhere. I think we’d only take one that high if we already decided to not re-sign Werner or Gay this early.

We got two pending contract/personnel situations going on with our top 2 CBs. Plus no depth after CB3 before we took Kool-Aid. CB was a quiet need if the value was there like it was.

That's the first time I heard someone say he's a nickel corner.
That’s because he isn’t a nickel. 99% of Kool-Aid’s college snaps were as boundary CB. Simms is speaking playing him out of position into existence because we have 2 starting boundary CBs right now.

I really hope we don’t ruin Kool-Aid like we did Alontae just to put all CBs on the field and force fill the slot position. Shouldve drafted a slot corner later in the draft if we wanted a slot corner.

That’s because he isn’t a nickel. 99% of Kool-Aid’s college snaps were boundary CB.

I really hope we don’t ruin Kool-Aid like we did Alontae just to put all CBs on the field and force fill the slot position. Shouldve drafted a slot corner later if we wanted a slot corner.
Yep all I've read too says he barely ever played the slot. He is a boundary corner.

It's tough to say how much I like the pick without knowing what the Saints are planning. Value-wise? Great value, and a BPA pick! Need-wise? Not so sure!

If the Saints are planning to move Lattimore, then great pick! If they are not, then I don't like it as much. I would have been happier with 3 or 4 OL on the board at that time. That is, unless they have a deal in place to bring back Andrus Peat, and even then, I probably would have still preferred to take either OL or DL in the 2nd without a trade-up.

DA & Co. obviously wanted Kool-Aid badly, as they gave up more draft capital than usual in order to move up just four picks.

I have a feeling Peat is on speed dial. I am anxious to see how this (whatever the plan is) pans out.

Speaking of injury….foot, not good for a CB
Context is important here. When you hear foot injury or a Jones fracture, it sounds terrible.

But when you dig deeper into it, it's really isn't that big of a deal. He had a Jones fracture on his picky toe. Probably the best place to have one. Which is why he didn't know he had it until they evaluated him at the combine. It didn't limit him in any kind of way and won't going forward. He got surgery for it and it is said to be healing nicely. He is said to be ready by training camp. I don't believe he missed any games in his collegiate career so I don't think there should be any concern to be honest.

It's tough to say how much I like the pick without knowing what the Saints are planning. Value-wise? Great value, and a BPA pick! Need-wise? Not so sure!

If the Saints are planning to move Lattimore, then great pick! If they are not, then I don't like it as much. I would have been happier with 3 or 4 OL on the board at that time. That is, unless they have a deal in place to bring back Andrus Peat, and even then, I probably would have still preferred to take either OL or DL in the 2nd without a trade-up.

DA & Co. obviously wanted Kool-Aid badly, as they gave up more draft capital than usual in order to move up just four picks.

I have a feeling Peat is on speed dial. I am anxious to see how this (whatever the plan is) pans out.
Yes, pretty sure there is a handshake deal with Peat. DA basically said as much last night (not Peat but that they may pursue an offensive line FA).

I think I've mentioned this before, but now is the perfect time to mention my kool aid commercial idea. Some kids are playing Nintendo and the kool aid man busts through and the kids tell him "you better fix that wall! Our parents get home in 6 hours." Then you see him fixing the wall and a kid sets up a ladder and tries to drink out of him.

I think I've mentioned this before, but now is the perfect time to mention my kool aid commercial idea. Some kids are playing Nintendo and the kool aid man busts through and the kids tell him "you better fix that wall! Our parents get home in 6 hours." Then you see him fixing the wall and a kid sets up a ladder and tries to drink out of him.
You drank more than kool aid coming up with that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom