Heads up…Daniel Jeremiah’s final Mock Draft gonna be unveiled at 7 pm tonight (2 Viewers)

Best case scenarios for tonight are 4 QBs go right at the top... 3 WRs go top 10... 1 DT and 1 DE go before our pick.... Someone grabs Nix or Pennix before our pick...

Then 1 of 2 things... A top 2 rated OT falls to us, or we trade up 2-5 spots to get one of the top 2 OTs... OR - A crazy run on OTs happens before we pick, we can't make a trade - and we luck out and get Bowers at 14.

Anything else is a 1st class ticket on the fail boat IMO.
Agree.

Just don’t reach for an OT out of need. A great player will be sitting there at 14 if all the OTs are gone.

4-5 QBs
4 OTs
3 WRs
Turner, Bowers, Murphy

That’s 14-15. And it’s also without any CBs or surprises.

Man, it really stinks that we so desperately need tackles. I would much rather have Bowers than the fourth or fifth tackle on the board. Those guys have got some holes in their game.
100% agreed. How bad franchises stay bad. I love the Saints but I have no confidence in this franchise at this point. Feels like I’m in limbo and this is the state we’ll be in for awhile.

About 6 days ago, Nick did a mock and took Fautanu at 14 with Latham still on the board. They had picked Latham in previous mocks but decided to go with Fautanu due to his versatility to play any position on the line.

True, but that was mock. Nick's final prediction was Faushanu and Tripp predicted Fuaga.

I mean if it happens... that's the most "saints way" for it to happen.... and it would not surprise me in the least given this HC and GM. Every year I am screaming for Rousseau, and we draft a Turner.... Banging the table for Karlaftis, and we draft Penning... Begging for Kincaid or LaPorta, and we draft a Bresee.... Wondering who the heck Ruiz is, when Love, Aiyuk, and Queen are sitting there....

I mean I'm not always right.... I did want Kenny Pickett over Penning too... even though I am not positive yet which will be worse....

I am getting used to this team not drafting the right player, and instead drafting the need player... It's a sickness they have called "WeStillThinkWeAreInWinNowModeItius"

Just think about the last 4 drafts, and image the Saints take the BPA instead of a perceived need / RAS guy... This is what we would have instead of what we have now...

Jordan Love - QB
Greg Rousseau - DE
Chris Olave - WR
George Karlaftis - DE
Sam LaPorta - TE

I mean, I was mostly joking. But, no, I'm not particularly happy the way the team has drafted since 2017. I would still have gone Breese over the guys you wanted even in hindsight because I think he has a chance to develop into something special at a position that can change a game. Pressure up the middle can wreck an offense in ways that little else can. But, I don't disagree about the others. Heck, I wanted to trade for Love a couple years ago and people here talked like he was terrible. As far as Penning, we really don't yet know what we have in Penning due to the injuries and terrible offensive system we used last year. I'm not optimistic about Penning, but he could work out in the new system.

Anyway, we are all right and wrong at times and the professionals from all 32 teams are right and wrong all the time. I like Bowers over all but Alt and probably Fashanu. I like Bowers over Fuaga and Latham, but it's close. So I'm okay if they take one of those 4 OTs over Bowers, but I would not be happy if they took Fautanu or any OT after him over Bowers considering the injury concerns and the fact that he might have to play Guard. I think they could get a similar level OT by trading up from #45. But, in the end, it's a crap shoot and we won't really know if they did the right thing for 3 or 4 years.

That being said, I really feel like the scouting department needs to be revamped and new eyes brought in whether they keep Ireland or not. Mickey has never been a talent evaluator and what he does at GM depends on him having good talent evaluators under him.

Best case scenarios for tonight are 4 QBs go right at the top... 3 WRs go top 10... 1 DT and 1 DE go before our pick.... Someone grabs Nix or Pennix before our pick...

Then 1 of 2 things... A top 2 rated OT falls to us, or we trade up 2-5 spots to get one of the top 2 OTs... OR - A crazy run on OTs happens before we pick, we can't make a trade - and we luck out and get Bowers at 14.

Anything else is a 1st class ticket on the fail boat IMO.

I agree those are the best case scenarios, but I think the idea that anything else is a failure is a bit over dramatic. It would not be the worst think in the world if they took Fuaga/Latham at #14 (or whoever you think is the #3/#4 OT) and then took a WR like Leggette or Coleman at #45.

I do think it would be dumb to take another OT at #14 other than the top 4 (who I think are likely top 10 picks in most drafts), but I think there are players other than Bowers at #14 that might make sense like Odunze, Murphy, Newton, DeJean, Verse, Turner, etc. and then move up from #45 for an OT or get one that falls. So, there are other scenarios that might not be failures.

I just don't think this draft comes down to Bowers, Alt, Fashanu or bust. There are at least 14 very good players that I would be happy to take at #14. But, although I think the world is a terrible place, I'm a look on the bright side kind of guy when it comes to football.

I agree those are the best case scenarios, but I think the idea that anything else is a failure is a bit over dramatic. It would not be the worst think in the world if they took Fuaga/Latham at #14 (or whoever you think is the #3/#4 OT) and then took a WR like Leggette or Coleman at #45.

I do think it would be dumb to take another OT at #14 other than the top 4 (who I think are likely top 10 picks in most drafts), but I think there are players other than Bowers at #14 that might make sense like Odunze, Murphy, Newton, DeJean, Verse, Turner, etc. and then move up from #45 for an OT or get one that falls. So, there are other scenarios that might not be failures.

I just don't think this draft comes down to Bowers, Alt, Fashanu or bust. There are at least 14 very good players that I would be happy to take at #14. But, although I think the world is a terrible place, I'm a look on the bright side kind of guy when it comes to football.

My thing is... If you are picking 14... and it's nearly a given that 4 or 5 of the top 13 picks will be a QB... and you fail to come away with one of the top 1 or 2 rated players at any given position other than QB.... Or if you pass on a top 5 overall rated player - for a need position player that's rated 4th at his position... That's an epic fail.

My thing is... If you are picking 14... and it's nearly a given that 4 or 5 of the top 13 picks will be a QB... and you fail to come away with one of the top 1 or 2 rated players at any given position other than QB.... Or if you pass on a top 5 overall rated player - for a need position player that's rated 4th at his position... That's an epic fail.

I get it. But I don't know what the Saints board, or any other NFL board, looks like as far as grades on all those players. I would guess Bowers is high but I don't know if they have him above Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga and/or Latham. I would think they have him above Fuaga and Latham, but I don't know. And, maybe they have all of them in the same "cloud"? If that's the case, I don't see how that can be an "epic fail". I know you love Bowers, but there are scenarios where taking the #3 or #4 OT is BPA and/or the right pick. There are also scenarios where taking Murphy, Turner, or Verse is the right pick.

Also, you don't pick players based on their rank within their position. You pick them based on the grade you gave them versus all other players at every position. It's possible to have the #4 OT ranked well above say the #1 RB or #2 TE. And, in fact, I'm sure that is true in this draft. If you want BPA you don't base that on the ranking by position.

I just don't trust my grades, or anyone's grades, enough to call any pick among about 14 players an epic fail. The only epic fail I see is if they don't add an OT by pick #45. And even then maybe they like Penning a lot and they have a RT they really like targeted later in the draft or in free agency.

Agree.

Just don’t reach for an OT out of need. A great player will be sitting there at 14 if all the OTs are gone.

4-5 QBs
4 OTs
3 WRs
Turner, Bowers, Murphy

That’s 14-15. And it’s also without any CBs or surprises.

Are you sure it was Fashanu? I think you are thinking of Fautanu? But easy to get those names mixed up and/or spelled wrong.
Man I don’t even know at this point. That’s why I want Joe Alt. No confusing that name! 😀

Yeah it was Fautanu. I’m going to blame autocorrect

Quote from the article "The Saints have been calling teams to try to trade up, and I assume they want one of the top offensive tackles. I'm not sure how they have the OTs stacked on their board, but I do feel highly confident that New Orleans will be taking a bookend blocker in Round 1."
If you think that almost every team does not make calls about moving up in every draft then you are delusional. He could have said that about every team and be right SMH

With DJ's pick, he assumes we are done with Penning at LT. I don't think anyone knows that except the FO. If we go OT in the draft and it's a RT, that indicates that Penning is our LT. If we go LT, then it shows that Penning is moving off LT and probably to RT to take over for Ram.
There have been no indications of a position move for TP . quite the opposite. All indications is he's doing well at Meriweather's OL camp and making real progress. I'm going on record he'll be starting LT and be good this yr

I don't think so. The only thing I read on here is that he went to some Lineman Academy (Camp) and was doing well. The FO has said repeatedly they failed him, did wrong by him, etc. This tells me they are doing everything they can to correct that. IMO, the first thing they did right was stop playing him last year knowing they were going to change the offense/scheme to go to a scheme that would benefit the offensive line. That's when it turned in Penning's favor.
I was wondering why they just sat him and didn't even let him in on jumbo packages or in garbage time to get him reps. Then my prayers were answered and we fired Marrone I figured they did not want to subject him to any more damage from Marrone than was already done , plus not to have him get hurt and further stunt his growth

There have been no indications of a position move for TP . quite the opposite. All indications is he's doing well at Meriweather's OL camp and making real progress. I'm going on record he'll be starting LT and be good this yr

I agree with you. The FO is saying a lot by their actions, and I also believe TP will be the starting LT this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom