Heads up…Daniel Jeremiah’s final Mock Draft gonna be unveiled at 7 pm tonight (1 Viewer)

Quote from the article "The Saints have been calling teams to try to trade up, and I assume they want one of the top offensive tackles. I'm not sure how they have the OTs stacked on their board, but I do feel highly confident that New Orleans will be taking a bookend blocker in Round 1."
You guys do realize this could be smoke from other teams trying to drum up interest in their pick right? The Saints are a convenient target.

I believe nothing on draft eve or day

Why do we need a first round tackle? We've had success drafting in later rounds- and not so much with firsts. Why not scoop up Bowers if we are trading up and draft o-line with our pick 2?

When is the last time we were successful in drafting a late round OT?

I mean, no pick in the draft is a sure thing and the 3rd or 4th OT this year would have been the #1 or #2 OT in a lot of years.
And to add on:

Bowers has a historical headwind against him due to lack of success for 1st round TEs. You have to go back to probably Vernon Davis or Greg Olson in the mid 2000s for ones that were worth it out of the gate.

OL has a much easier path to value

With DJ's pick, he assumes we are done with Penning at LT. I don't think anyone knows that except the FO. If we go OT in the draft and it's a RT, that indicates that Penning is our LT. If we go LT, then it shows that Penning is moving off LT and probably to RT to take over for Ram.

Ryan Ramczyk’s rapid and sudden health decline really put us in a bad spot. He’s only 30 and could be done. If he was healthy, there’s no reason he wouldn’t have had at least another 3 years of elite play.

Has Nick or someone like that recently given any indication on the feelings about Penning?

Has Nick or someone like that recently given any indication on the feelings about Penning?

I don't think so. The only thing I read on here is that he went to some Lineman Academy (Camp) and was doing well. The FO has said repeatedly they failed him, did wrong by him, etc. This tells me they are doing everything they can to correct that. IMO, the first thing they did right was stop playing him last year knowing they were going to change the offense/scheme to go to a scheme that would benefit the offensive line. That's when it turned in Penning's favor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom