Fuaga RAS (3 Viewers)

Also, see Terron Armstead's.....it works both ways.....having a good-great RAS score isn't a guarantee by any means, but it does indicate the player has the athleticism necessary to excel, to me it's a good thing.....

i don't think anyone uses RAS as a primary indicator - but if you have tow players what and what,why wouldn't you pick the higher RAS score?
Because back in MY day, we watched grainy film and didn't rely on pencil-necked geeks to have formulas and math! We knew a guy was a stud because he had the heart of champion and was mean and violent and nasty! All this science and learning don't help nobody!

Because back in MY day, we watched grainy film and didn't rely on pencil-necked geeks to have formulas and math! We knew a guy was a stud because he had the heart of champion and was mean and violent and nasty! All this science and learning don't help nobody!
Are you Team Grit or Team Heart?

that's what game film is for
You should always look at every aspect of a potential NFL player.
Consideration of the level of competition should also be a metric for more teams.

Penning's, Davenport's, ... etc all had a lack of competition in college where it was easy for them to overwhelm the competition.
It is very hard to gauge if a player from a lower conference will adapt to the level of competition in the NFL.

Last edited:
Am I the only person that doesn't give a rat's arse about RAS scores

The RAS score gives you a player's objective baseline athletic ability. It lets you know if they will be at a disadvantage athletically and need to find ways to overcome that. It doesn't mean a player will fail or succeed, but it does tell you if they have the athletic ability to succeed or if they will need to out work/out smart other players.

Some guys won't live up to their RAS and others will succeed despite their RAS. If you find a guy with all the intangibles and an objectively great athletic profile then it's a really good bet that he will be elite.

More importantly, it allows you to have an objective way to measure a player's speed and quickness. For instance, guys who played a lower levels may look really quick at that level when compared to the competition, but not look quick compared to NFL talent. RAS gives you a chance to objectively measure that.

It's not the end all a be all, just like the 40, the Wonderlic, college production, etc. don't tell you everything. But, it's a solid part of the information you need to evaluate players. It gives you an objective way to confirm what you subjectively saw on film is true.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom