From James Palmer: Saints tried to get Penix ("It Never Happened") John Hendrix (1 Viewer)

Guys I hate the Falcons as much as you do but they have a young offensive nucleus. They are thinking two years ahead what their offense will look like if Penix works out. They have seen what GB has done with Jordan Love growing into that job sitting behind Rigers. Now Penix can learn behind Cousins while they are still competitive with the vet at QB. If I was a Falcons fan I wouldn’t necessarily be real mad at that pick.
Saints were probably thinking the same thing if he sits behind Carr. The difference is the Saints would have had to spend serious draft capital to move up while Falcons could sit pat.
Ask yourselves this question, if both work out who will be more valuable to their team in 2026, Penix or Fuaga?

Guys I hate the Falcons as much as you do but they have a young offensive nucleus. They are thinking two years ahead what their offense will look like if Penix works out. They have seen what GB has done with Jordan Love growing into that job sitting behind Rigers. Now Penix can learn behind Cousins while they are still competitive with the vet at QB. If I was a Falcons fan I wouldn’t necessarily be real mad at that pick.
Saints were probably thinking the same thing if he sits behind Carr. The difference is the Saints would have had to spend serious draft capital to move up while Falcons could sit pat.
Ask yourselves this question, if both work out who will be more valuable to their team in 2026, Penix or Fuaga?
It depends on if we have a highly productive QB by that time.

This is probably coming from Falcons headquarters.
I'd love to think our front office somehow convinced the Falcons we were after him causing them to jump the gun and draft him instead of getting Odunze to help Cousins or trade down to get more assets. That would have been a virtuoso troll move on our part. :sneaky: 🧌

I wouldn’t hate Penix as BPA at 14. It makes sense to get a future franchise QB who could learn Kubiak’s offense for a year and start in ‘25 if the opportunity is presented at the original pick.

A trade up into the top 10? Nah. A potential cost of a future 1st(s) + multiple 2nd-3rds would’ve been incredibly stupid while we didn’t have a definite starter at either OT position and other holes existing.

They must know that Terry Fontenot has a mole in the organization and forced the Falcons to take Penix early.

The Falcons and Panthers are obsessed with our front office and try to one up and mimic us.
Not saying they don't try to emulate us but I certainly don't know why. We're not successful and haven't been in a few years.
I don't hate the Falcons at all...my friend who's a die hard Falcon fan hates the pick and says it's the one guy he didn't want.

I wanted Penix for a long time especially after going to the Sugar Bowl. I really want the Saints to draft a first round QB sometime in my lifetime. I feel Penix will be one of the better QBs in this draft, but I didn’t want them to trade up for him because we have to many holes to fill. My offseason went like we feel good about Ram and I was like ok we may go BPA(Bowers) or maybe trade up for a QB. Then the owners meetings came and it was announced that Ram may not be ready so at that point I was we are going OT and don’t need BPA or a trade up. Maybe a trade back for the right offer or the best OT. So I don’t think it is far fetched that they thought about trading up. I had the conversation with my brother he wanted them to trade up because he wanted Jayden, JJ, or Penix mostly Jayden or Penix. He hated the Saints winning out because they would be out of the QB market. So I told him I would be shocked if they trade up but wouldn’t be surprised but that we need to build the line and most likely will stay at 14 and pick a tackle.

It was always going to be a tackle
This. Clearly this “report” is from a source trying to make the Falcons pick look better. Had the Saints resigned Peat and the reports on Ram not so dire…..then they might gone for another position. I do think the team’s 1A choice was Bowers but that stupid bowl cut in Vegas dashed those plans. Fuaga as choice 1B is solid and fills a huge need. Penix/Winston 2.0 was never on the team’s radar…..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom