Dallas/Fort Worth Who Dats @ Dodie's (Coppell) [MOD Edit: Venue change] (2 Viewers)

I don't know if anyone here is aware, but if you're in the area Celina, Tx is having their cajun fest today. Couple of zydeco bands playing and crawfish among other things.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Greetings DFW Whodats.

I am glad to announce that we have decided to relocate our meeting location after 8 years at BWW. It became increasingly apparent that BWW was no longer interested in making us a priority as evidenced by their lack of staffing, lack of seating, and their request for us to stop decorating, and using a DJ.

After looking at several options, we have agreed with Dodies, in Coppell, to begin watching games there every week. A Cajun themed bar, which already hosts LSU games on Saturdays, they will let us decorate, use our DJ, play the Saints games telecast, and continue our halftime raffle. On Sundays, they have an all you can eat buffet, serving Louisiana style dishes such as red beans and rice, jumbalaya, crawfish etouffee, beignets, Belgian waffles with fried chicken, omelettes, and more. The buffet costs $18.99 for adults and $7.99 for 12 and under. The buffet includes bottomless mimosas. They will also offer some regular menu items on Sunday before the normal kitchen opening of 3 pm. They have promised to work with us as the season goes on to accommodate our needs.

We will begin our relationship with Dodies starting this Monday night as the Saints take on the Atlanta Falcons. This will be a soft start to our new location to see how everything works. The following week is a 3 pm game against the Chargers, then our bye week. We feel this is the best location for our group and we appreciate your understanding while we decided what to do.

Please come out and watch the game with us as the DFW WhoDats begin our new relationship with Dodies.

Dodies - Coppell
723 W. Main Street,
Coppell, Texas 75019
Authentic New Orleans Cusine and Seafood Dallas, TX | Dodie's Reef

Sunday. 8:30AM!!
If you are interested in our Home location, Dodie's Coppell opening up early for the game.

Out of curiosity, what qualifies you to determine what the "home" location is for this group. If memory serves me, we asked that this group have no connection with whatever you organize? I don't believe you even live in the Metroplex.

Greetings DFW Whodats.

I am glad to announce that we have decided to relocate our meeting location after 8 years at BWW. It became increasingly apparent that BWW was no longer interested in making us a priority as evidenced by their lack of staffing, lack of seating, and their request for us to stop decorating, and using a DJ.

After looking at several options, we have agreed with Dodies, in Coppell, to begin watching games there every week. A Cajun themed bar, which already hosts LSU games on Saturdays, they will let us decorate, use our DJ, play the Saints games telecast, and continue our halftime raffle. On Sundays, they have an all you can eat buffet, serving Louisiana style dishes such as red beans and rice, jumbalaya, crawfish etouffee, beignets, Belgian waffles with fried chicken, omelettes, and more. The buffet costs $18.99 for adults and $7.99 for 12 and under. The buffet includes bottomless mimosas. They will also offer some regular menu items on Sunday before the normal kitchen opening of 3 pm. They have promised to work with us as the season goes on to accommodate our needs.

We will begin our relationship with Dodies starting this Monday night as the Saints take on the Atlanta Falcons. This will be a soft start to our new location to see how everything works. The following week is a 3 pm game against the Chargers, then our bye week. We feel this is the best location for our group and we appreciate your understanding while we decided what to do.

Please come out and watch the game with us as the DFW WhoDats begin our new relationship with Dodies.

Dodies - Coppell
723 W. Main Street,
Coppell, Texas 75019
Authentic New Orleans Cusine and Seafood Dallas, TX | Dodie's Reef

Glad you guys were able to find an alternative. It's a great thing to be able to have a spot where who dats can all come together. I'm lucky enough to be able to go to a place here in Ft. Lauderdale to do the same. Not as big as y'all seem to get though.

Glad you guys were able to find an alternative. It's a great thing to be able to have a spot where who dats can all come together. I'm lucky enough to be able to go to a place here in Ft. Lauderdale to do the same. Not as big as y'all seem to get though.

Would it possible to update the name of the thread to "Dallas/Fort Worth Who Dats @ Dodie's (Coppell)" to reflect the change of venue?

Might be in town for next Sunday, so Dodie's is the place now I see... dam , so many memories at BWW... I will check back to let yall know for sure if I am coming....

WHO DAT!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom