Comedians (1 Viewer)

we all have our favorite funny people. For some it may be bill Cosby, for others it may be George carlin, or sam Kinnelon, or red fox, or others in the 70s or 80's. For me it's old school. I love tim conway, abbot and Costello, lewis and martin, the three stooges, archie and all in the family, bosom buddies, carol burnett, Johnny carson, the Dean martin roasts, rich little, Richard Pryor with mudbone, David Brenneman, Bob hope, and so many other old school clean (mostly) comedians. Robin williams and jonathan winters on mork and Mindy, and the robin williams and jonathan winters on the johnny carson show, and such great movies like smokie and the bandit, then there is blazing saddles.

What is your favorite comedic work. It should be clean for the most part, which is why I left out eddie Murphy.

If you go for really smart guys then it has to be Gallagher. Just plain funny, bill Cosby. Off the top of the head George carlin (a place for my stuff and got into a fight with the rice krispies).

Personally I love to laugh. I love comedy. Who's on first is still the greatest skit of all time. I love the martin and lewis movies.

Funny lines in movies, movies like smokie and the bandit, blazing saddles , fletch, caddyshack, foul play, and so on and so on.

Ron white is so funny today. I love that guys comedy. I hate dirty comedy because it's just trying to be funny with bad language. That's why I no longer listen to eddie Murphy.

I miss the 70's. It was pretty much clean then except for a few comedians. David Brennan was the exception along with Gallagher and bill Cosby.

Then eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor came out followed by red fox after Sanford and sons.

What do you guys think. Is comedy better with the trash talk and dirty language, or stuff like maude, happy days, Gallagher, bill Cosby, or whatever
Yea letā€™s like the rapist Cosby but god forbid we like Eddie Murphy because he said the F word . Makes sense

I was not familiar with this guy!

He's very entertaing!

GREAT recommendation!

He's awesome. I think he's extremely intelligent to be as nimble as he is. His regular standup is pretty good too, but his crowd work is the best. He's pretty active in posting clips on tik-tok.

it's been close to a year since @David Robbins posted anything

any one know if he's okay - I know he seemed to be going through a rough patch

it's been close to a year since @David Robbins posted anything

any one know if he's okay - I know he seemed to be going through a rough patch

I know that David doesn't like comedians that curse too much, so I will also post a comedian that I like who is completely clean - you can listen to him with anyone of any age.

He's pretty dang funny too, in that sort of upper-Midwestern self-deprecating sort of way. The story of him proposing to his wife with hangman is pretty funny. Tommy Ryman. He's on Spotify too.

Last edited:
It's ugly to watch sometimes but no one roasts an audience like Frankie Boyle....
I'd like to post a link but he's probably too NSFW for this forum.
Anyone brave enough to sit in the front row for his gigs has ironclad underpants....

One of his more tender remarks.....
After noticing a rather scruffy unkempt guy with a very attractive girlfriend Frankie says to the guy....
I bet her parents wish you'd just hurry up and murder her so they can grieve properly šŸ˜€

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom