Breaking: NFL authorizes use of “Guardian Caps” during games (2 Viewers)

BeCuz PLayEr sAFety!

As Goodell says he wants 18 game seasons more international games and football on until Presidents Day weekend.........................................

Kidding aside, if it helps with CTE, it's worth a try.

I wonder about unintended consequences though. I have to wear a helmet for several different activities. It might save my bacon if things go sideways. But I do find that I bang the darned thing, with my head inside it, into stuff, because I'm not used to "my head being that big." I've come close to getting knocked off balance and falling, in places where falling would be a very bad idea. In the same way, these guardian caps provide extra protection, but it's a larger volume to get bumped into by teammates, opposing players, etc. So, less jolting per impact, but probably more impacts. Just a half-thought.

Last edited:
I’m all for player safety measures and if this helps, great. However the fan/purest in my hopes they come up with a way to make these more aesthetically pleasing.

I would really prefer not to watch guys running around with what looks like packaging styrofoam on their heads.

Smooth it out, figure out how to create a better shell material so that a team logo can go on it, etc.

Yes, I am not afraid to say that this look will affect my enjoyment of the game a bit. It’s painful to look at even on mere practice photos. 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom