Battlefield 2042 (1 Viewer)

obviously, C4 on an ATV is all i needed to see...i miss all of the hate messages i used to get calling me a n00b

but it definitely appears that they are trying to recapture the gameplay that separated BF from other shooters while adding some new elements that look pretty fun....

Yeah, the wind suit thing looks interesting. It would seem to make the vertical game more interesting. Could end up being just a gimmick, but it looks cool. I also hope the flight controls are better. I could fly a helicopter fairly competently in BF2 and BF3, but I think they changed the controls in 4 and I never got used to it because I would get shot down before I got a chance to figure it out.

And neve mind the jets. I could fly them, but I never won a dog flight and always crashed when I tried to strafe. Part of it was that I never got all the stuff you need unlocked. Like the homing missiles and chaffe.

128 people on a map really seems like a lot. At what point is it just too many and it just turns everything into chaos? I think we may have already passed that point.

Yeah, the wind suit thing looks interesting. It would seem to make the vertical game more interesting. Could end up being just a gimmick, but it looks cool. I also hope the flight controls are better. I could fly a helicopter fairly competently in BF2 and BF3, but I think they changed the controls in 4 and I never got used to it because I would get shot down before I got a chance to figure it out.

And neve mind the jets. I could fly them, but I never won a dog flight and always crashed when I tried to strafe. Part of it was that I never got all the stuff you need unlocked. Like the homing missiles and chaffe.
I've never been able to fly a vehicle in one of these games. I agree with everyone else though, that trailer looked great.

you probably need to change the controller configuration…the default always felt wrong to me…the always had multiple setups for flying vehicles

128 people on a map really seems like a lot. At what point is it just too many and it just turns everything into chaos? I think we may have already passed that point.

the map size should prevent that…for BF4, the maps were nearly twice as big on PS4 because it supported 64 players and ps3 only supported 32

Supposedly the 128 person maps are 5 times the size of the Firestorm maps from BF5.

I guess I'm just skeptical that they are just showing that to make you think it's going to be like that. I mean, I hope it is good, and the modern setting seems promising, but I'm still skeptical after the last two disasters. Hopefully it's at least better that the Call of Duty stuff.

I think it would depend a lot on the size of the map and game type. If it's conquest with several flags, then it's not an issue, but if it's obliteration with a single target on a smaller map like locker or something, 128 is a bit much.

"Battlefield 2042
’s Portal is essentially a community sandbox mode. Using weapons, gadgets, vehicles, and other assets from previous Battlefield games, players can create customized game modes and share them to the Battlefield 2042 community via playlist."

"Battlefield 2042
’s Portal is essentially a community sandbox mode. Using weapons, gadgets, vehicles, and other assets from previous Battlefield games, players can create customized game modes and share them to the Battlefield 2042 community via playlist."

I can't wait for the ATVs with C4 playlist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom