Am I the only one who didn’t bother watching the draft? (1 Viewer)

Does anyone "watch" it? It's on in the background, when I remember to turn it on, but I don't "watch" it.

I mean the thrill is gone.
I just don’t care anymore.
So long as DA is head coach, I will watch games but no longer obsessed with the Saints. Completely forgot it was draft week until Friday morning. Keeping DA as the head coach just delays the inevitable and wastes another year in my opinion. I will watch all the games but not expecting a playoff season.

Whole buncha cane shaking up in here
This complaint is the strangest thing...I can remember John Madden years ago wanting more coverage, pomp and circumstance with all things NFL.

I watched the the first round and was thoroughly entertained.

The NFL is in the entertainment business, which means expect a lot of ga-ga, drama, and production.

I'm glad the UFL is around for a more "traditional" alternative product.

ya i still love it. watched all 3 days

I had it on and paid closer attention when it was getting time for us to pick. I’ve always liked the hope that comes with the draft and don’t get too caught up in the negative over-analyzation. I still love being a Saints fan and enjoy football. Even through the BS and tough breaks this franchise has had to endure, I try and maintain some optimism. It’s entertainment.

So long as DA is head coach, I will watch games but no longer obsessed with the Saints. Completely forgot it was draft week until Friday morning. Keeping DA as the head coach just delays the inevitable and wastes another year in my opinion. I will watch all the games but not expecting a playoff season.
I do not want to agree with all this but truth is, it's exactly how I feel.

I was busy all three days this year so I didn’t watch. I’ve seen videos of the picks being announced and then looked up some videos to see who the Saints drafted

I’m not big on draft predictions, which takes away a lot of the potential to excite for me. I don’t know what the team thinks of prospects any more than I take the time to get to learn about particular prospects, so I don’t have a personal stake invested in who the team does/doesn’t pick. By not acting like I know more than the front office does, I can go learn the new guys once they’re added to the team, then I’ll make up my mind whether I think they’ve done good or done bad.

I adapted this mindset after the Rick Leonard pick.

I am not into it as I used to be.

I miss having it over a weekend. It was great having the guys over grilling and drinking while watching.

I hate that they tend to focus only on a couple of teams right before the pick( usually the Cowboys).

I don't mind the kids or veterans calling out the names , but can't stand the random super fan who takes forever to call the name or some social commentary plug.

Always seem to go to commercial just before the Saints pick.

Kind of wish they had a texting thing were they can say " Saints are getting ready to pick " so you can tune in to see it.

Listened to WWL for our picks but didn't watch a single pick on TV. Don't live and die with it like I used to. I won't say I don't care at all but I care very little anymore. Between the NOLA No Call, NFL turning into flag football, me getting close to 50, DA still being the coach and my 7 year old daughter playing softball for the first time, I've got other (better) things to occupy my time other than the NFL.

That said, I'll still watch every game this fall. But like I said, I won't live and die with it like used to. I used to sit and watch every pick and let our wins and losses dictate my moods. Don't do that anymore. Took me getting into my 40's and having a kid to get mature enough to get to that point. Lolol

After three gin and tonic's, I turned it on Thursday night just to confirm my opinion that the NFL is becoming so self indulgent, over produced and pricing themselves away from the fanbase they are believing they are appeasing. They are eroding the game away by this grandeur of a draft, the constant international games and the money.

So long answer, I watched up until the Saints picked on Thursday then dropped out.

Call it age, being jaded or the current state of the New Orleans Saints but my care meter is trending towards empty.......

Last edited:
I don't watch the draft, I have the draft on while I'm doing other stuff, and when they say Saints on the clock... I listen closer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom