Am I the only one who didn’t bother watching the draft? (2 Viewers)

It's all incessant blather anyway. Even just checking briefly to see the Saints picks was excruciating. The NFL's over-inflated sense of self importance on full display.
Chris Berman made it excruciating also. He was great with his ESPN show. But not so much with the draft

There no point in watching it, every Daints draft sucks now, past 4 years they have only drafted a couple impactful players.

This years draft too early to tell, but why after drafting a qb last year pick another one. 3 out of last 4 years the Saints have done this.

The Saints are thin on offensive weapons, yet they failed to once again address the issue. Olave is not a true no1 WR. He is a poor man Brandon Cooks, Shaheed is not a number 2. He should be WR3 or 4
You clown me now Evil Saint but Saints are an Olave injury away from having a hapless receiving core. TE still is bare, RB we gotta hope Miller plays like he did that final game. Kamara is out of gas and thats the truth.

I watched the first night with my brother in-law and checked in from time to time on the other two days. The team is just less exciting with Brees retired. There isn't a single piece that has the potential to send them to the top anymore. I just hope to see them avoid making boneheaded roster mistakes.

Wanted to ask you if you had any inside info if we were targeting Boyd or not?

Nah! I think that it's pure coincidence. I was surprised when they took Bub Means, and shocked when they took Khristian Boyd. However, I was really happy about both picks.

The draft was over-produced, the signal-to-noise ratio was way too low. I watched it for 20 minutes the first night, that's all I could take. "Watched" the rest of it on SSF, won't even give them 20 minutes next year.

I've been disinterested of late, but the draft is always something I pay attention to. I've been playing fantasy football since the 90's, so it's not just Saints related. Anyhow, I couldn't be happier with what the Saints did this year. Looks like solid picks throughout, without mortgaging future draft capital. Very good haul considering we were missing 3rd and 4th rounders.

im a hardcore Saints fan, til the day i die...however this year might be the first year in a very, very long time i literally had no hype going into this draft. Didnt watch the vast majority of it (except for when the Saints picked in the 1st round, otherwise just looked online for what they got in the subsequent rounds).

Hard to get excited for a team when the coach has lost the locker room, the QB had such a lackluster year the past season and our untouchable GM isnt held accountable for his recent mistakes, so yeah...all that essentially made me not have any urge in binge watching the draft this year. Im glad the Saints nailed their 1st round pick, but yeah...you werent the only one OP.

I don’t watch but it has nothing to do with the saints - I just can’t do sports pageantry
I don’t do pre-shows, no superbowl hype nonsense
I watch sports for sports- I’d rather watch archery or diving prelims on CourtTV than any athlete profile piece On NBC (or whoever is hosting this year

I’ll keep drawing a hard line between my narrative fiction and competitive sports

I've been disinterested of late, but the draft is always something I pay attention to. I've been playing fantasy football since the 90's, so it's not just Saints related. Anyhow, I couldn't be happier with what the Saints did this year. Looks like solid picks throughout, without mortgaging future draft capital. Very good haul considering we were missing 3rd and 4th rounders.
The not mortgaging future draft capital was the best part for me.

I watched Round one up until the Saints pick, then was on SSF for a few before bed. Round two I watched up until the Saints pick, then onto SSF for a few before early bed. Saturday I had to work all day, so caught up when I got home. I used to be a draft-nik where I studied all the players and was truly invested in my analysis and "break-down" of film (Youtube highlight reels). Now, I check in during the process and wait until afterwards to get any sort of excited.

I've always watched the draft; but this year i only watched the first round pick

the added rules making this game more like flag football
Sean P disserting us for pot kingdom in Denver
Anytime I see Roger Goodells face I want to throw the sharpest object at my TV

Football just isn't the same anymore. Brees / Manning / Brady / Rodgers were iconic growing up; theres nothing even close anymore

I watched the first day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom