2024 NFL Draft- Day 3- Rounds 4-7 (1 Viewer)

Catching up on Ford and Boyd

Ford - He's definitely got size going for him, but he plays really slow and avoids contact from what I can see. He can absorb a block pretty well, but seems to kinda give up at that point. If they can coach him on how to shed blocks and pursue better than maybe there's a place for him on the team. I'm not expecting too much from him though.

Boyd - A very interesting pick in the 6th round. The man is a total battering ram and really strong. Pushes guys back to the QB and back into the RB on run plays. All I have seen him use is the bull rush though, so it will be interesting to see if he can learn some arm moves. He also seems to play with his head down a lot and just hit his gap, which is fine enough for a run stopping DT. Lot's of potential for this one.

I was about to remark how no small school players were getting taken. It was really impressive. Then we picked.

There was our pick, the offensive lineman from South Dakota State, and the guy from Canada. And I think that's literally it for today. Either it's a fluke or the transfer portal is cleaning even the lower level schools out of top talent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom