2024 LSU Baseball (5 Viewers)

Braswell just had a custom made double play hit go right between his legs and deep into the outfield. Hopefully this latest of his league-leading errors won’t cost LSU too many runs this inning. Runners now on 1st and 2nd base.

Two more hits and RBIs now narrows the gap to 9-6 with two runners in scoring position for Vandy. :covri: :hm:

The officials just gifted LSU a call that could easily have gone in Vanderbilt’s favor for another run. The Tigers need to plug the hole. Their hull is leaking badly. :eek:

Looks like the reliever Herring is finally finding the zone and shutting Vandy down. Those early 9 runs may be enough to win this game.

The Tigers failed to hold their lead against Vandy in Game 2 of the series. LSU had several chances to get some extra runs home, but couldn't find a hit with several runners in scoring position. I know our players are trying to improve, but the team batting average is plummeting like space junk. :hm:

Not just a loss, but run-ruled. That makes 4 straight weekend series losses. I know the schedule has been tough, but dang.

Not just a loss, but run-ruled. That makes 4 straight weekend series losses. I know the schedule has been tough, but dang.
I’m just glad that I was mentally prepared for this kind of team for 2024. There was never a doubt that this would be a down year, but I never dreamed they’d be this down. :covri:

I’m just glad that I was mentally prepared for this kind of team for 2024. There was never a doubt that this would be a down year, but I never dreamed they’d be this down. :covri:
We started as, what, #2 in the country? We're going to be out of the top 25 shortly.

We started as, what, #2 in the country? We're going to be out of the top 25 shortly.
Yes, they had a #2 ranking in some polls for a little while. But it was easy to see that we didn’t have the hitting or the pitching to beat the real teams on our schedule. And now that we are having to play these teams now, the proof is in the pudding.

It’s hard to watch how badly this LSU team is playing. I can’t remember a time when the Tigers couldn’t hit, pitch, or make routine defensive plays. I hope Jay can figure things out for next year. This season is already a bust. :hm:

Yeah, they aren't figuring it out this season. The same problems just keep getting worse. Can't throw a 1st pitch strike, can't get a lead off hitter out, can't bunt, can't hit offspeed pitches, can't get out of a jam, can't field up the middle. It's just everything that matters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom