2024 LSU Baseball (2 Viewers)

LSU batters can’t find the pitches. :covri:

Last edited:
How a hog beat a tiger?

@Bill, no commentary on the game? It's a good one. I just tuned in to watch the 9th. Looks like we'll end up having a heartbreaker.

Well, well. How did I ever guess that was coming?

@Bill, no commentary on the game? It's a good one. I just tuned in to watch the 9th. Looks like we'll end up having a heartbreaker.
I was too busy watching the game wondering if LSU might have had a shot at taking at least one game in Fayetteville. But like you I could see the walkoff coming for Arkansas in the extra innings.

The Tigers have a way to go to get back into real contention this season. LSU must find a few kids who can get hits consistently against the good pitching they’ll face all year.

Well, I suppose we'll have to be content with last year because it's clear that there will not be a repeat performance.

Well, I suppose we'll have to be content with last year because it's clear that there will not be a repeat performance.
To be fair, it would be a miracle for LSU to repeat (or even threaten to do so) with the players they lost to the draft. But Jay will have them competing again in a few years. There’s just too many good players out there who want to be part of this program.

We’ll be back!

Wait a forking second. LSU played Southern yesterday.....and LOST??? I can understand getting swept by Arkansas, but losing to Southern? Seriously.

Wait a forking second. LSU played Southern yesterday.....and LOST??? I can understand getting swept by Arkansas, but losing to Southern? Seriously.
And it wasn't even close. :covri:

The good news? There's a lot of room for improvement.

1. We are really bad fielding up the middle. To complicate this further, we have been shifting much more this year and getting burned by it.
2. Hitting, this may be one of the best fastball hitting teams in the country. That should tell you how bad they are at hitting anything else.
3. Pitching, we have a ton of arms. None that we can rely on for more than 4-5 innings of mediocre play.
4. Running, we're even slow.
5. Bunting, can't lay down a sacrifice at all.

It doesn't help we've been really unlucky. Giving up a ton of 2 out runs, hitting a remarkable number of balls to the warning track, opening a young team with a brutal schedule, etc.

I don't believe this team is nearly as bad as they look. I also don't believe this team is anywhere close to turning it around.

The good news? There's a lot of room for improvement.

1. We are really bad fielding up the middle. To complicate this further, we have been shifting much more this year and getting burned by it.
2. Hitting, this may be one of the best fastball hitting teams in the country. That should tell you how bad they are at hitting anything else.
3. Pitching, we have a ton of arms. None that we can rely on for more than 4-5 innings of mediocre play.
4. Running, we're even slow.
5. Bunting, can't lay down a sacrifice at all.

It doesn't help we've been really unlucky. Giving up a ton of 2 out runs, hitting a remarkable number of balls to the warning track, opening a young team with a brutal schedule, etc.

I don't believe this team is nearly as bad as they look. I also don't believe this team is anywhere close to turning it around.
Nailed it!

Tigers got up 9-0 on Vanderbilt in game one of the series.
But now the Commodores are coming back with 4 runs in the 4th.
It’s impossible to feel confident in this LSU team. :covri:

Tigers got up 9-0 on Vanderbilt in game one of the series.
But now the Commodores are coming back with 4 runs in the 4th.
It’s impossible to feel confident in this LSU team. :covri:
I forgot they were playing. I just turned it on. Let's see if they can manage to figure out how to hang on.

It’s amazing how quickly LSU lost their mojo after the 4th inning. They went from cruise control to 4 flat tires in one inning. 😢

(Incidentally, that’s when the Commodores switched pitchers.). :scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom