YouTube Sunday Ticket Pricing (Update - pricing announced) (1 Viewer)

If you don't want to pay for the Sunday Ticket, I encourage you to check out apollogroup tv. You need a fire stick or android device. I had the Sunday Ticket every year from 2000 until they switched to Youtube. I thought the price was too high. My cousin told me about this app. They've got 4 packages. I got the 6 months for $89.99 package last year. You have access to the latest movies and tv shows. You also get access to live local channels. That's how I watch the Saints games, or any other game I was interested in. They offer a 10 day free trial. When August 2024 gets here I will sign up again.

I don't have YouTubeTV and the cost increased to $450.00 for non YouTubeTV subscribers. I'm out. First time in 20+ years I will not be watching Saints games......
DUDE, YOU COUKD HAVE BEEN WATCHING FREE GAMES ALL THESE YEARS. STOP THROWING YOUR MONEY AWAY WITH ALL THOSE SUBSCRIPTIONS

If you don't want to pay for the Sunday Ticket, I encourage you to check out apollogroup tv. You need a fire stick or android device. I had the Sunday Ticket every year from 2000 until they switched to Youtube. I thought the price was too high. My cousin told me about this app. They've got 4 packages. I got the 6 months for $89.99 package last year. You have access to the latest movies and tv shows. You also get access to live local channels. That's how I watch the Saints games, or any other game I was interested in. They offer a 10 day free trial. When August 2024 gets here I will sign up again.
I use apollo year-round for all sports. Can't beat it.

DUDE, YOU COUKD HAVE BEEN WATCHING FREE GAMES ALL THESE YEARS. STOP THROWING YOUR MONEY AWAY WITH ALL THOSE SUBSCRIPTIONS

Meh, im a guy who’s been watching free for the last several years using various illegal streams.. in my experience, sometimes they work, and sometimes they dont.. it’s VERY hit or miss, whether using reddit or sportsurge or whatever.. last year i finally broke down and got the Sunday Ticket, since i already had YoutubeTV and b/c i waited til the season had already started and saved a great deal of $$ since we were already a few games in.. your mileage may vary, but for me i think the days of using illegal crappy streams are over .

There are folks whose ethics only allow them to view legally purchased content. Then of course there are many of us who are more ethically fluid in regards to this.

Here in the ATL, generally more than half of the regular season Saints games show OTA each season. So, purchasing a package to watch the remaining 6 or 7 games becomes very very expensive.

The NFL continually makes the mistake of thinking that a fan of a team wants to fervently see all of the NFL and charging for services that show NFL games along those lines. But we are Saints fans. We want to see Saints games. The gravy of the other games isn't worth the hundreds of dollars that they want to charge.

If the NFL let YT offer team specific packages for about $100 a season, I would sign up. But in the end all of them overvalue a delivery product over the internet that somewhere in the country is being broadcast over the air for no additional cost.

I've tried over the years. I started with DirecTV's Sunday ticket standalone. Then DirectTV forced buying a base package to upgrade to HD. Then they wanted to try to charge me $700 for additional boxes. I bought a couple of years of NFL+ international which transmitted live games. The NFL cut it off.

Eventually I gave up. There's no venue to purchase games a-la-carte or a team only package. It takes 30 seconds to turn on a VPN, and 3 clicks to start a stream. It just doesn't make any sense to do anything else to watch games now when they are not showing in the local market.

SFIAH

Meh, im a guy who’s been watching free for the last several years using various illegal streams.. in my experience, sometimes they work, and sometimes they dont.. it’s VERY hit or miss, whether using reddit or sportsurge or whatever.. last year i finally broke down and got the Sunday Ticket, since i already had YoutubeTV and b/c i waited til the season had already started and saved a great deal of $$ since we were already a few games in.. your mileage may vary, but for me i think the days of using illegal crappy streams are over .

I love YTTV for sports. The multi-view is great, I was watching all four playoff games last night.

IMG_5459.jpeg

ethically fluid

Found my new band name, thanks !

I've tried over the years. I started with DirecTV's Sunday ticket standalone. Then DirectTV forced buying a base package to upgrade to HD. Then they wanted to try to charge me $700 for additional boxes. I bought a couple of years of NFL+ international which transmitted live games. The NFL cut it off.

Best deal i ever got (and the only time ive ever had Sunday Ticket besides this season) was circa 2011 or 2012, when there was some partnership between EA Sports i think and the NFL, where if you bought the new Madden game for $99 , you automatically got a code to use to get Sunday Ticket for free for the whole season.. i was in my 30s and hadnt played video games in over 20 yrs, so i gave the Madden game to my nephew and used the code, as a fan living out of market , to watch every Saints game that year.. unfortunately they never ran that promotion again, to my knowledge .

It takes 30 seconds to turn on a VPN, and 3 clicks to start a stream.

Im curious, as an out of market Saints fan who has used illegal streams for several years- does it make a difference if you use a VPN ? If not, then why do you use one ? I have a VPN for when im working out of the country, but ive never used it here in the USA, or when using an illegal stream to watch sports here .. just curious …

Found my new band name, thanks !

Best deal i ever got (and the only time ive ever had Sunday Ticket besides this season) was circa 2011 or 2012, when there was some partnership between EA Sports i think and the NFL, where if you bought the new Madden game for $99 , you automatically got a code to use to get Sunday Ticket for free for the whole season.. i was in my 30s and hadnt played video games in over 20 yrs, so i gave the Madden game to my nephew and used the code, as a fan living out of market , to watch every Saints game that year.. unfortunately they never ran that promotion again, to my knowledge .

Im curious, as an out of market Saints fan who has used illegal streams for several years- does it make a difference if you use a VPN ? If not, then why do you use one ? I have a VPN for when im working out of the country, but ive never used it here in the USA, or when using an illegal stream to watch sports here .. just curious …
It does. Internet Service Providers actually track connections to DCMA content violators. I've been dinged a time or two when I accidentally connected to a stream or torrent directly from my network. With a VPN, you have a secured connection to the VPN provider, which then connects to the content provider. The VPN folks don't keep logs of their connections and usually are not based in the US, so those DCMA requests to them fall of deaf ears and there's no way to trace the connection back to you.

For $40 a year it's cheap insurance that the ISP dogs won't come chasing after you.

SFIAH

It does. Internet Service Providers actually track connections to DCMA content violators. I've been dinged a time or two when I accidentally connected to a stream or torrent directly from my network. With a VPN, you have a secured connection to the VPN provider, which then connects to the content provider. The VPN folks don't keep logs of their connections and usually are not based in the US, so those DCMA requests to them fall of deaf ears and there's no way to trace the connection back to you.

For $40 a year it's cheap insurance that the ISP dogs won't come chasing after you.

SFIAH

Im not very tech-savvy, so just to clarify- the reason you use a VPN is so that it cant be traced back to you that you’re breaking the law ? Becuase im not really concerned about that.. what i was more wondering is if the experience is better, easier time connecting, fewer pop-ups and everything else that made it such a pain in the a** to watch games via one of those streams most of the time .….

Im not very tech-savvy, so just to clarify- the reason you use a VPN is so that it cant be traced back to you that you’re breaking the law ? Becuase im not really concerned about that.. what i was more wondering is if the experience is better, easier time connecting, fewer pop-ups and everything else that made it such a pain in the a** to watch games via one of those streams most of the time .….
Yes, it's for the anonymity. The notices I've gotten from my ISP have threatened consequences with multiple violations.

I use u-block origin for my popup blocker. Generally there might be one ad when starting a stream, then nothing else after.

Some streams are spotty. I usually hunt around the top 2 or 3 until a solid one pops up.

Again I would like to have a decent experience for pay. But I'm not going to pay $250 for 6 or 7 games. I may as well drive down to the sports bar for beer and wings for those types of prices.

SFIAH

i have used an IPTV service since 2016. But i don't just use it for sports, i use it for all channels, Sports is just a bonus.
It has a NFL package, and its basically just the local broadasts of games all put together. But if for some reason the feed is bad or not working, i can switch over to one of the other feeds since i can pretty much stream any local channel in the US. But its not for the weak or ones who aren't tech literate.
But i also have an Antenna for emergencies, but i haven't used it in a couple years.
But technically, it isn't illegal to stream any of it, it is only illegal for the one putting out the stream. its that nice grey area.. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom