Xbox Series s or x ? (1 Viewer)

I bought the X like 3 months ago and I've been pretty happy with it. I upgraded my son's game pass to the ultimate because we could use that on either the PC which he uses, or on the X, which I use. I've been playing mostly BF4. The servers are still plentiful and the game is still pretty great. I like the servers with the fast spawn vehicles. I used to completely suck at flying a chopper, but now I love flying them. I like taxiing a group up to flag C at the top of the building on Shanghai. Good times.

I haven't played a lot of other games on the X yet, but the kids have. I have played some older stuff since it's backwards compatible with a decent number of 360 games and a limited number of original xbox titles.

So far so good. The only drawback is I wish the hard drive had more space. I've got like 20 games on it and it's pretty full. I'd have to delete a game to make room for a different one.
Can you run a external drive as extended storage?

Can you run a external drive as extended storage?
Apparently, yes. At $220 for 1 tb SSD...meh. Not worth it to me. I can always stream a particular game or just remove a few I don't play much. Maybe there are other options, but yeah.

Apparently, yes. At $220 for 1 tb SSD...meh. Not worth it to me. I can always stream a particular game or just remove a few I don't play much. Maybe there are other options, but yeah.

I move my PS5 games to a external drive that I store my PS4 games on. I agree the price of a ssd is not worth it right now and you don't want to run X games on regular drive.

You can use a standard hdd for storage and just move games around as needed….you can probably get a few TB for $100

SSDs are a different story though….

I have had ps plus off an on for years . I had ps plus for years off and on going back to the early COD days and other games where it necessary to have it. I got it again for Destiny and just dumped it again .I had ps now before and nostalgic gaming isn't my thing I can't get over clunky controls and way outdated graphics. I will use gamefly after I finish a few more games I have in my library.

The new PS plus is just a mash up of plus and now and they threw in some decent remasters but it isn't enough for me personally I mean I played all of the Mafia games and the God of War games . Ps plus has always been meh on the free games.

I guess for me since I have been with PS exclusively since day one I really am curious to see what the other side has to offer. I think exploring the Xbox game library will open things up and I just can't get past the 70.00 price tag for games. The Last of Us remake just has me soured on it even more. Sta4field is the first half of 2023 unless you are predicting delays that isn't far off. Elderscrolls is a ways off but I keep my consoles for the full generation and into the next usually for the first year. I will always have a PS I love my ps5 but Xbox overall has more upcoming games that look good and their games are cheaper.

while i certainly would have Gamepass if i had an Xbone, i think you will see more of this going forward from 3rd party devs....if you have a banger of a game, people will buy it....why leave money on the table??

you can look at the state of Halo Infinite right now....that should be a flagship game for Xbox, obviously, but because they gave it away for 'free', they have to have absurd monetization and it launched without features that are pretty standard in the industry...it doesn't even have campaign co-op right now....

i'll say that i am no fan of subscription services but i can't see how Gamepass, and to a much lesser degree PS+ Premium will be anything but a detriment to the games themselves....

i think this mostly applies to single-player games...they are very difficult to monetize after the initial purchase unless they make more content for the game....multiplayer games are the only ones that could potentially benefit from having a cash shop

while i certainly would have Gamepass if i had an Xbone, i think you will see more of this going forward from 3rd party devs....if you have a banger of a game, people will buy it....why leave money on the table??

you can look at the state of Halo Infinite right now....that should be a flagship game for Xbox, obviously, but because they gave it away for 'free', they have to have absurd monetization and it launched without features that are pretty standard in the industry...it doesn't even have campaign co-op right now....

i'll say that i am no fan of subscription services but i can't see how Gamepass, and to a much lesser degree PS+ Premium will be anything but a detriment to the games themselves....

i think this mostly applies to single-player games...they are very difficult to monetize after the initial purchase unless they make more content for the game....multiplayer games are the only ones that could potentially benefit from having a cash shop
I agree if you have a money maker of a game the subscription formats will be extremely detrimental to profit. I think if I remember correctly Oddworld (the latest release) was free on ps plus and it was fun I played it with my grandson. I then reada article where the devs said it really killed them money wise they lost a bunch because it went right to the "free" monthly game list.

I don't like co op or multi-player that's why I quit Destiny once I fiqured out the really fun experiences are multi player. That's a personal preference but most people do and yeah as far as Halo goes that's a surprise because it was built on coop or it became that way real fast.

I personally want to expand my gaming because just having the one platform is becoming stale. I don't have a work schedule because of disability and the kids are grown up and gone so I can game (and I do ) for 12 hours a day so I do tear through games. I just finished Elderscrolls,Calloway Duty Cold War(in a day but that is not hard) and now today I will finish Metro Exodus and all the DLC.

I have been gaming this way for years so my situation is I would think in the minority so cost becomes a issue so that's why I am so picky about dropping 70.00 on a game that may last a week. Games like the Witcher 3,RDR 2 and GtA 5 are hard to come by as far as single player content and game length.

I love my PS5 and am grateful to have one. I actually got mine as a pre-order bundle from Antonline so 2 years in and I am happy. Thanks for the insight into this I agree the Plus and Gamepass are hard things to pull off. They are good 8f you are new to either platform.

Well, if you think multi-player games are the future, the current business model for gamepass makes sense, which is why I think they're doing it that way. I do think they'll tweak their model eventually so that a broader group of games can monetize beyond initial purchase because that's where the money is going to be. But the single player games will need to develop content that gamers will pay extra for. Easier said than done though.

Just got a Xbox series X and gamepass. I love it. I had the Xbox and then it was Playstation from then on out. I love my ps5 but the Xbox X is a sweet console itself. Now I have the best of both worlds but yeah game pass makes ps plus look bad ps plus is such a mess and it is just clunky.

Ps 5 has the exclusives and the controller is better but the Xbox environment is outstanding along with the UI. I am looking forward to all of the Halo and Gears series.

Just got a Xbox series X and gamepass. I love it. I had the Xbox and then it was Playstation from then on out. I love my ps5 but the Xbox X is a sweet console itself. Now I have the best of both worlds but yeah game pass makes ps plus look bad ps plus is such a mess and it is just clunky.

Ps 5 has the exclusives and the controller is better but the Xbox environment is outstanding along with the UI. I am looking forward to all of the Halo and Gears series.
If you have multiple family members who use either console or PC, the ultimate GP will be a solid value. I use the console and my son uses PC. You can have multiple family members use the account. There are a few other perks as well.

If you have multiple family members who use either console or PC, the ultimate GP will be a solid value. I use the console and my son uses PC. You can have multiple family members use the account. There are a few other perks as well.
I saw that ...it's a pretty cool setup that they offer. It's just me so I am just on the console. I don't do any multiplayer type stuff so I am extremely happy with the gamepass. In your situation the ultimate is really a great option.

Yeah, that's no surprise. There's such a large library of games. That said, if it didn't have that kind of value, I'd probably not be playing as much, and I already don't play more than once a week. I can live without it.

A good friend of mine who hasn't gamed in a decade just bought an xbox for game pass. So, they are making a little headway

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom