Weird Al Yankovic biopic (1 Viewer)

I saw him at the Saenger. Fantastic show.
I heard on this tour he isn't singing any paradies, only original songs (except a medely at the end). Although i know most of his original songs, my son has only heard a few of them. i have been getting him to listen to some here and there..

I heard on this tour he isn't singing any paradies, only original songs (except a medely at the end). Although i know most of his original songs, my son has only heard a few of them. i have been getting him to listen to some here and there..
Yeah I don’t know about that.

He is an excellent musician, though, so I would happily go see either.

RIP Weird AL!! He is missed..
And I can't believe Madonna took over for Pablo Escabar.. Man, my memoy of the 80's is all messed up..
And i can't belive that Michael Jackson would parady an original song like Eat It...

This is one of my all time favorite Weird Al songs, glad he fit it in the movie.. Plus its always a good scene if Jack Black is involved.

Watched it a couple weeks ago. I thought it was great. Very entertaining.

Weird Al isn't dead.
Apparently, you haven't watched the film yet.

Finally saw it last night with the whole family. If you haven't seen this yet, you are doing yourself a HUGE disfavor.

We laughed so hard we are all hoarse today. I have not seen anything that made me laugh that much since I first saw "The Blue Collar Comedy Tour" film 15 years ago.

It is brilliant in every way, He satires himself, his songs, several Rock and Roll bio-pics including The Buddy Holly Story, La Bamba, whatever the Motley Crue film was named, and a few others, as well as satirizing Rambo, The Doors' infamous Miami concert, and 80s pop culture in general. Also, don't skip the end credits because the song he wrote for it is a riot. Even the intro before the film where Weird Al says something to the effect of "the following is the 100% absolute true, not made up at all story of my life" lets you know right away you're in for a lot of satirical nonsense.

The scene where Weird Al is portraying the record executive and his brother tells Daniel Radcliffe's Weird Al about what a loser and how ugly he is. The camera keeps going to actual Weird Al who keeps cringing and telling his "brother" that he's said enough is side-splitting funny, but then so is most of the film.

I've gotta check this out! I've been a fan since the 80's via the music videos. Weird Al Yankovic is parody, defined...

I attended college just outside of Toronto in the early 90's. Was in Toronto with my girlfriend doing some shopping downtown one Saturday afternoon, when we spied a poster promoting a concert that day. We went directly to the venue and it was mostly mom's and their kids. Absolutely hilarious.

To this day, I've yet to come across another human being that has the "Al in the Box" box set. LOL!

I watched it when it was first released. I enjoyed it but I knew what this was going in and I don't think a lot of people did. It's a parody of all the bio pic films that have been coming out lately. I thought it was genius because it's only fitting that Weird Al's bio pic would be a parody.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom