Weird Al Yankovic biopic (1 Viewer)

......."I have no doubt whatsoever that this is the role future generations will remember him for," Yankovic quipped.

Yankovic has been spoofing radio hits since he was a teenager, tackling songs from major artists from Michael Jackson to Billy Ray Cyrus.

"When my last movie UHF came out in 1989, I made a solemn vow to my fans that I would release a major motion picture every 33 years, like clockwork. I'm very happy to say we're on schedule," Yankovic added.........

weird al.jpg

Quinta Brunson channels her inner talk-show host to portray Oprah Winfrey in Roku’s “Weird: The Al Yankovic Story,” starring Harry Potter himself, Daniel Radcliffe, as the frizzy-haired musical parodist.

The movie is billed as “the unexaggerated true story about the greatest musician of our time.” “Weird,” which has a runtime of 108 minutes, is slated to premiere on the free, ad-supported Roku Channel this fall.

Brunson is the latest cast member announced for “Weird,” which in addition to Radcliffe stars Evan Rachel Wood as Madonna; Rainn Wilson as radio broadcaster Dr. Demento; and Julianne Nicholson and Toby Huss as Yankovic’s parents, Mary and Nick………

BE007017-DFF8-43D4-AD72-6863CCAEBD83.png

Did he really hook up Madonna or is that a parady/fantasy in the movie?
Considering this is Weird Al Yankovic and the banner for the film is "the unexaggerated true story about the greatest musician of our time," I think you can pretty much figure everything in it is satirical exaggeration and/or outright fiction.
Weird Al is all about the laughs, so one can expect his "biographical movie" is all about the laughs as well, not about the real story.

For example, I'm pretty certain he never had an alcohol addiction either as obviously is depicted in the trailer.

Considering this is Weird Al Yankovic and the banner for the film is "the unexaggerated true story about the greatest musician of our time," I think you can pretty much figure everything in it is satirical exaggeration and/or outright fiction.
Weird Al is all about the laughs, so one can expect his "biographical movie" is all about the laughs as well, not about the real story.

For example, I'm pretty certain he never had an alcohol addiction either as obviously is depicted in the trailer.
But when it comes to Madonna at that time, anything was possible..lol
But just because Weird Al is all about the laughs, you never really know how people are behind the scenes, for exapmple Robin Wlliams. So it woudn't surprise me if he went through a drinking phase..

I have tickets to his concert in October in Laffayette. My sons likes Weird Al almost as much as i do. Looking forward to the concert and the movie..

But when it comes to Madonna at that time, anything was possible..lol
But just because Weird Al is all about the laughs, you never really know how people are behind the scenes, for exapmple Robin Wlliams. So it woudn't surprise me if he went through a drinking phase..

I have tickets to his concert in October in Laffayette. My sons likes Weird Al almost as much as i do. Looking forward to the concert and the movie..
I saw him at the Saenger. Fantastic show.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom