Ukraine (40 Viewers)

With Ukrainians assembling drones from parts at their homes a look into how a war effort is done is warranted.

Here it is from 1918, folks in the US South were building biplanes for the war effort.

This was a silent film, but someone thoughtfully added some elevator music of the day to it, which likely was the music which was the underlying cause of World War I.

So you might watch it just for that. People to this day wonder what caused that war. Probably was that music.

Russian commander when tasked with giving your troops a "pep talk"

Who gives a sheet about all that if you're dead. And Mother Russia certainly doesn't give a sheet about them. I'd probably kill that guy, or die trying before becoming cannon fordder.

Who gives a sheet about all that if you're dead. And Mother Russia certainly doesn't give a sheet about them. I'd probably kill that guy, or die trying before becoming cannon fordder.
Those guys started poor in terrible economic conditions. They took the job to escape such deplorable conditions. The message your life can have meaning resonates because they've lived a life of abject disposability with zero hope of any better prospects.

What you say makes sense in your perspective, but many of those have suffered conditions you cannot imagine and to die with meaning along with promises their family can reap reward is something other wise unobtainable.

Those guys started poor in terrible economic conditions. They took the job to escape such deplorable conditions. The message your life can have meaning resonates because they've lived a life of abject disposability with zero hope of any better prospects.

What you say makes sense in your perspective, but many of those have suffered conditions you cannot imagine and to die with meaning along with promises their family can reap reward is something other wise unobtainable.
I get that, but at some point, people have to realize there being hoodwinked. Even if your life is a forked up mess, you can still have a little decency. I get that's all easier said than done, but damn.

I get that, but at some point, people have to realize there being hoodwinked. Even if your life is a forked up mess, you can still have a little decency. I get that's all easier said than done, but damn.
No doubt some are there, but it's easier to lie to yourself and resign yourself. The human condition is well manipulated in such regimes.

this....we, Americans, simply cannot wrap our brains around this aspect of "Russkie Mir" ( Russian World ) We dont know, we havent lived in a town with no paved roads, a wooden outhouse/hole in ground for use by a whole block of homes, no running water and spotty electricity. No washing machines. No dryer. No toilets. No HVAC.

I know i lose power for 5 days and im ready to sell my home. So i go get a whole home generator. Think about that for a min...we live so well that when we lose power we feel so inconvenienced we are willing to spend an additional $8-10k on a piece of equipment that MAY only be used 1-2x/yr.

That $10k for us is 1,000,000 ubles for them which is 20x the average Russian income -20 TIMES. and if you are in Eastern Russia its more like 25X.

Someone should ask those soldiers, "have you seen the flowers, plaques, or eternal flames that were lit for the soldiers who went before you?"

they dont care. its too late to care.

Well, let me rephrase that....its too late to "voice your level of care"

Nightmare fuel.

You said "Nightmare fuel."

It was fairly easy for me to watch it. I realized what I was seeing right away, that poor fellow isn't wandering around in pain with any kind of conscious knowledge that he's either dying or dead. When he hit the ground twin squirts of blood shot out two feet above where his head was supposed to be in a way that suggests that his head was possibly blown completely off of his shoulders.

The complete loss of his conscious thought would have been milliseconds before his brain was vaporized into the sky. I doubt the poor guy knows that he's dead. He might get away with that too and in effect live forever.

As you might be able to tell I don't like those slo-mo overly dramatic deaths in war movies. So this one wasn't as bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom